Home The Q-Branch Quote game!

you're the naughty one, Saucy Jack

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
danr interpolator
"return to me my bag of magical ekvuipment"

or words to that effect, can't remember exactly - it's repeated a few times. Oh, and the spelling is intentional.

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Felix the Cat: The Movie? That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of "magic bag."
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    nope, massively off
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    im thinking jim henson..... is that the right track?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    not really ...

The bloke who says the line is connected to Corpse Bride, in a roundabout way. Although i bet that throws you off. Hey ho!
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I want to say Sword in the Stone, because I know merlin has that bag of magical goodness, though I can't think of anyway that it's attached to The Corpse bride, other than the fact that Mr. Burton used to be an animator for Disney.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    since no-one has guessed all day, another clue :

from the Corpse Bride thing, it connects that movie through One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest to Edward Scissorhands.

But has nothing to do with Tim Burton.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    now yer just teasing us danr...
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    no i'm not ... is it that hard to put together?
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm with pak, danr, your clues aren't very helpful...they seem like they might be cool trivia once we get the reveal.. but they're not really helping me get the film smile.gif

maybe another quote from the film?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i forgot, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is chock full of famous actors isn't it ... god, the clue could refer to any one of them!

Apologies
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    You really are the King of Sarcasm Castle, aren't you Dan?
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yup it is. And they can all be connected to virtually any movie AND kevin bacon within six degrees. how about another quote? wink.gif
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    danr, if you're not connecting movies through casting -- and you aren't -- then it could be ANYTHING. Those movies are probably connetced in five different ways through people who slept with Robert Evans. But we wouldn't know that.

By the way, you said "or something to that effect"? We need more specific than that, please?
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    pchaw, you bunch of bloody wimps ... you're not thinking it through. This is a game isn't it? Or d'you just want someone to give you something closer and closer to the answer, or a sentence in inverted commas you can copy-paste into google?

who says i'm not connecting them through casting? That's exactly what i'm doing.

First of all, try reading the quote back to yourself with the given spelling and the slightly mangled english. Then give it some thought. The clues aren't very obscure, try as you might to suggest they would be .

tch, i don't know, kids today ... *mamble gramble* ...
  • rob_beddall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rob_beddall polycounter lvl 18
    PFFT!
    i thought the quote was the name of the thread. that would have been easy
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    "now veturn me to my vightful form!"
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The clues aren't very obscure, try as you might to suggest they would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I don't get them, then they're obscure to me laugh.gif. This new quote seems like it might be vaguely familiar, but everytime I say the line in my head I can't help but think of Lili Von Shtupp from Blazing Saddles, which is throwing me off.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    aye, well, you'd be getting a bit closer then

"comedy european" is about right. Corpse Bride, anyone?
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahh now THEREs a clue... europeanish comedy...hmmm
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    n-no, the person is a "comedy european", not the film. And that's not suggesting he's a comedian eiher.

God, did NO-ONE spot what i'm talking about in Corpse Bride?
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haven't seen corpse bride, but ive heard about a humorous peter lorre impersonation in it.... that might tie in with what you're talkin about..
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    aye

now connect that through One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest to Edward Scissorhands and you're bang on!
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    still tough.... i keep looking for tie ins with christoper lloyd(from cuckoos) or vincent price (from edward)... price and lorre were pals, so that could be a tie in... maybe boris karloff is in here somewhere too.

my good pal MR. IMDB tells me that the peter lorre impersonator in Corpse Bride was played by Enn Reitel, a voice actor who has nothing to do with Cuckoo's Nest or Edward Scissorhands... so that probably has nothing to do with anything. Sorry, Enn, whoever you are.

Unless I'm missing something very obvious the connection isn't...er...very obvious. I'll keep thinking about it, but you may just have to claim a 'stumper', Danr.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    c'mon everybody, get yourselves into orbit : we're now living in a blankslatejoecentric universe. "Claim a stumper" indeed. Tch! Choh!

Although you sooo very nearly had it, you just gotta name the film. There's one big addition to your list of names that you're missing, should make it very obvious.
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "we're now living in a blankslatejoecentric universe"
    well man, four days? I haven't been around the quotegame long, but is that the longest something's been up?

Though I have to say I'm learning a bit over this one. I never knew Angelica huston was in Cuckoo's nest (cameo role).

along that route....in "the Witches", she did have that crazy accent and everyone was getting turned into mice... so there's a random guess... but I don't remember a magic equipment bag....

OR, we could connect lloyd and Huston to Adam's Family or Adam's Family Values... never saw values.. any magic bags in that?

for the life of me, I can't figure out how depp, devito, finney, nicholson, christopher lee, or fletcher might connect.

-Came across a random movie called A Gnome named Gnorm. Apparently Stan Winston directed it... now I gotta see it.

-Huston was in Ice Pirates, one of the most awesomely worst movies ever made. totally irrelevant, but man, I forgot that beautiful thing existed.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    this could be a far shot.. but i remember hearing that line a few times in the very old movie "The Raven" based on the edgar allen poe poem..the movie was made in late fifties or early sixties... it had vincet price and jack nicholson in it and that connects to edward scissorhands and coo coo's nest.. but not sure about corpse bride because i havent seen it....
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    huzzah, arshlevon gets it.

The Raven : Peter Lorre, Jack Nicholson, Vincent Price and also Boris Karloff (as blankslatejoe rightly guessed but couldn't nail the film). It's a giggle.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    cool!! yeah it was a hoot.. i need check that movie out again.. havent seen it since highschool..
This discussion has been closed.