Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP yet another new website!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
going for a simpler design that cuts staight to the good stuff: link

what do you guys think of the presentation, layout, etc...
should my resume link be for a downloadable document or have the resume right on the page (like my old one)

oh yeah, if I haven't said it enough already: I want to work at Mythic!

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I like the layout, of course more content should be your next goal.

As for resume, the recent advice I received was: html resume on page for quick review, a printable version that fits on one page, and a downloadable doc or pdf version doesn't hurt either. The latter two options should be linked on the resume page.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yes. this is a good layout and a good way to present your work, it's all right there immediately. death to the splashpage! smile.gif
  • LordScottish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LordScottish polycounter lvl 18
    That looks clean and clear, good design for a portfolio. Good luck with the application at mythic mate! smile.gif
  • Benzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benzer polycounter lvl 18
    I would make your name more clear. Lose the jaggies running through it or something. You don't want them struggling to read your name.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    I like the new look. But as the community told me on my website thread, loose the splash page!
    The image of the watchtower needs some anti-aliasing. Did you take a screen cap from within the 3d application?

On the top right of the tower just above the bell there are some pieces of wood, where the wood grain looks like quick UV unrwapping. Thats being really picky but an art director may pick that up.

I'd like to see wires with the images, similar to your old site except as the community told me on my site, less clicking smile.gif

Good luck in your application laugh.gif.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Benzer: darn, I was liking the logo, kind of 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas' style, but I'll see what I can do.

Lee3dee: I'll have to take a look at the UV's on the tower... later though, I'm so sick of working on that model! I will include the wires from now on, I want to try and fit everything into one image. I did do a screencap from Maya, I don't know how to get it to look good when I render it, it smooths everything out too much frown.gif
  • PolyMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyMonkey polycounter lvl 17
    I like it Justin. Straight to the point. Your email and resume link though just feel out of place and tacky. Why not make your name at the top your email link and just simple black font underneath with the word Resume for your resume link. I dig the way you laid your work out...very professional. How do you plan to expand you page as you get more samples together? Simply just let the page scroll down? Good stuff man.
  • Downsizer