Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Q4 needs female models

LG Devil
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
LG Devil polycounter lvl 17
We have a girl in our clan that is pretty dissapointed with the new Q4 model choices. There is not 1 single female model in Q4! This is an S.O.S. to the model gods to make her a model. Preferably with long wavy black hair and a good body because that's what she looks like. Her name is Dimples so if possible name the model Dimples? I don't know if this is out of the scope of what is done here but I figure if anyone can hook it up Polycount can. We've been running a banner for you the polycount community for close to a year now because you have the best model site on the net. It doesn't have to be anything special just something that she can use to play.

I can't believe Q4 didn't ship with any female models. Am I just missing them? In any event it would be cool to give Dimples her own model. As long as I'm making a request can I get a Devil model like Grim Demon? Possibly port it over somehow? I loved that one for Q3.

=LG= Devil
www.LegendaryGamers.net

Replies

• CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    SUM1 MAK CRAKHOR 4 PLZ!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hey cheapy, be nice. This guy has a semi-legitimate request.

You see, you are only supposed to reply with sarcastic leet speak if the original post contained it. Jeez, where's your netiquette? :P

As for your request, I can't really help out. Although I agree it would be nice to blow some chicks faces off with my shotgu--- I mean, it would be nice to see some strong-willed, independant women show that they can hold their own in battle.

Yeah, that's what I meant...
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I know Vahl had his female marine mesh working in Doom3, he said it's fairly easy to transfer that stuff to Quake4, maybe he'd be able to just re-use his female Doom marine model? Not sure how the animation system in Q4 works though...
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I'm working on a high poly chick to make a normal mapped low-poly version. No long hair though (no bald head either as on the WIP image smile.gif ). Q4 is my game of choice to put her in.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tetsuo/images/wip1.jpg

It's just a matter of time before the first model add-ons for Q4 will arise.

There is a female enemy in the single player though. She's the one who's floating with the pink dress.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Teddy has an Allen Ripley model he made for Doom 3, since he and Vahl seem to be in contact you'll probably see it in Q4 very soon.

I'd port that anime girl I made for Doom 3 to Q4 if I had the game. The price is too high for a game that'll see the first worthwile uses (mods) in months, though.
  • Fizzil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fizzil polycounter lvl 17
    I don't mean to derail the thread, but where do i find Doom 3 models?

Its not on polycount unfortunately and my google doesn't come up with anything useful (i checked doomfiles.com and pcgamemods.com but non of the have any)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Wow. Finally a request thread worth reading. I'd be up for this if I had any clue of how to get models into Q4.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Somebody tell DH to get off his midwestern keister and get his hottie into the game. He posted texture pics of this model on the old boards, but I have no idea how to locate those now.

/jzero
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    jzero: Google search for "armour girl" in the domain "http://dynamic.gamespy.com" brings up this rather nice page:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/009066.html?00052

Enjoy smile.gif
  • maxdamagus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxdamagus polycounter lvl 18
    Yea! It really struck me particularly in single player where there are so many characters and roles for females to take... and no females in multiplayer is ludicrous! Gamer grrls/women/ladies etc are becoming a bigger force to be reckoned with in general gaming which was previously entirely dominated by males so it just seems really shortsighted..

admittedly having played Q2 a bit in single player again lately, that thing REEKS of stereotypical old skool testosterone/BO/blood/guts/big hairy balls masculinity - but in multiplayer the female character opened it up a bit, and Q3 range of characters expanded on that (Admittedly with slutty as well as 'self confident' characters like crash/q2 Major).

I am aware that the talented communities around can make games a lot better as they have in the past, but its another thing to depend on them - especially when Quake 4 multiplayer most likely wont be able to boast the dominance and captivation over a generation of gamers that Quake 3 did (due to severe competition from all sides).

and it seems gamers are much less willing to play on impure servers than they were due to fear of cheats... even with punkbuster in place - so custom models and skins which the game (in my opinion) direly needs wont get the attention they deserve.

some of that DH lovin' might be nice,

Anyways gl with the hunt!
    nuff blx from me.