Home General Discussion

Palywood

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
shotgun polycounter lvl 19
http://seconddraft.org/streaming/pallywood.wmv

this is a big movie, 38mb
it shows where what you see and read in media about the palestines comes from. as an israeli who was in the army i already know they are full of shit.. but most ppl don't.

i wonna make it clear - i generally don't associate myself with all this conflict, because it's so full of shit i dont even concern myself with it, but i thought this movie serves a good example and people should see it. make your own judgement, go ahead and say it out loud, i am only the messanger.

personally, i dont read newspapers or watch television for years now, and this just reminds me why..

haha they say there's a hurricane coming here,
all the campus has been evacuated,
it just started to rain pretty hard outside,
haha
fools!!
ahhahaah crazy.gif
im going to draw~

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    actually shotgun, these dayts I think most people will agree that both countries are full of shit smile.gif
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Meh, I'm watching it now. These 'documentarians' are also clearly full of shit. They're trying to discredit the Palestinians by saying they're faking some of the conflict. (that tastes like right-wingerism to me, a flavor I hate more than liberalism) Well, that's fine, I'm sure they are profiteering from the conflict. But illegal house demolitions and suicide car bombs are a bit difficult to fake.

Even though they're looking at 'raw footage', this is still the kind of second-guessing that had you guys staring at 'rocket launchers' on the 9/11 World Trade Center planes.

I won't comment on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. I just don't believe in taking sides anymore.

/jzero
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    ye bro, im not taking any side either..
    like i said, i dont even regard this as a valid conflict, to a certain extent. the only side im talking is against the media, in any case.

still, most people seem unaware of how fake media is, and i feel this is a good reminder, regardless of the subject.

i admit, tho, the movie itself can be considered 'media' on its own.. but it does reflect the reality more truthfully than how it is normally portraid by mass media.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    what mass media?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    mass medium
    n. pl. mass media

A means of public communication reaching a large audience.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    you miss the point.

Mass media is being stereotyped to be going for a certain perspective.

Mass media however is inherent in the country it resides in. Meaning one countries mass media outlook will differ from the nexts.