Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

normal amped girl

chops
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
chops polycounter lvl 17
this my first mormal-map and i think it come out better then i thought heads.jpg

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    She better have some kind of life-support mechanism, 'cause she's gonna die from 0% body fat...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    look at Half Life 2 for examples on how good normal maps can be--models that benefit from normal maps without automatically broadcasting the fact that they're normal mapped. part of the real trick with normal maps is a proper sense of restraint... on this girl, her abdomen and her triceps are especially unnerving. tone down the level of relief and it'll be much more effective. as jzero points out, it looks like this girl has almost no body fat left, which is a serious health hazard, especially for women. vital processes start shutting down completely once a female body drops too low... so tone it down a lot and you might have a sexy model, instead of a somewhat scary one.
    that being said the face is nice and the overall costume works pretty well. with some adjustments it'll be a good model.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    pretty cool work, however listen to Gauss about restraining use of normal-maps, you don't wanna make it blatant... it should complement the model, not walk all over it in big muddy boots.
    also her head seems too large in relation to her body, and her eyes are a very weird shape. oh, and her forearms seem too long compared to the upper arms. you should check some references and make that look more natural.

the costume and colours look good, just work on the visible anatomy, try to make her less extreme and more believable...

keep it up!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    see a few 5 sided polygons here and there, might wanna split them up
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This could be a good model but you really gotta tone down the muscles, it makes it look really bad.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I don't see anything particularly wrong here if its a stylistic choice. Shes rather more eye catching thatn your standard issue buxom bimbo.

If you are aiming for the anorexic/POW look, then you might want to sharpen up the bones on the face a bit - suck in the cheeks, define the eye sockets and jaw line. Neck tendons could be more defined and breasts certainly wouldn't be that large and healthy.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18