Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

High Poly character

los
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
los polycounter lvl 17
I got this model I've had hidden away for a second. decided to finish it and throw it in with my reel

I think Ill give the normal map shot on this one too not sure yet though.

Need to work out the lower torso area along with the hands.
back to work!

notsochuck9jt.jpg

sorry bout the cut off nose in that profile shot

Replies

• aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18

First little issue I see is a lack of a defined clavicle and it looks like someone with his body type would have a very well defined one.

Next, theres no adams apple. The whole neck could probably use some fine tuning, frankly.

Also, with that big a belly, would he really have abs that could be seen? I like the belly, so maybe rework the abs a bit and add some flab.

Pecks seem like they could be pulled down an inch or 2.

knees look too well defined.

Forearm looks pretty big for the size of the bicep/shoulder.

hands look a bit off but you already said you were gonna work on em..

Anyways, its a really cool character, just some more fine tuning to do. Gonna make a normal map off of him for the reel too? Cause that would be really great to show off to employers.
  • los
    Offline / Send Message
    los polycounter lvl 17
    thanks for pointing out all that stuff man.

the dude I used for a referance has that poped out belly with six pack defined.
    I was trying to get his face likeness too but I gave up. the profile looks close I think.

EDIT-Its more of inspirational than trying to recreate his likness

_tchuck%20liddell_01.jpg
    -los Chuck%20Liddell.jpg
  • fal$eProfit
    Offline / Send Message
    fal$eProfit polycounter lvl 17
    That's sweet, Chuck Liddel. That guy kicks ass. I was going to say that looked like him. The legs are looking really good, the ears not so much.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    i think you could do without modeling hair. it is short enough to just texture.
  • ironbearxl
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    keep going man that's a kickass start. I'm seeing the likeness in the face but the neck is too long compared to the ref pic. I agree not to model the hair including the mustache, it doesn't cover his upper lip in the photo.