Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DAOC & Imperator Madness! Smell the TAINT!

KMan
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KMan polycounter lvl 18
Alright, some of you pressured me into showing this stuff, so here we go!

I'll start off in chronological order with Imperator

I started on the world team, and I made some blown up buildings and communication towers. This building is made up of corner pieces, a 3-intersection and a straight segment. Each were around 3k tris, I belive. And then they had about 7 materials each sharing the textures.

rubble_building_render01a.jpg

There were going to be a few towers placed about on a coastline. I think this guy was about 6-8k tris with a full interior with computer terminals. I'm pretty sure I only used 13 materials on this guy. I still didn't have the 'tiling texture > all else' mentality down for doing the world objects at the time, and I think I could have made it look nicer at a higher res with more polys and time, but it's always like that, right?

gala_tower01a.jpg

One of the last few things I did for Imperator was working on Rome. I was making huge building sets for instanced missions. Ben had made a high/lo poly female statue body that I added clothing to, composited and was going to place them in these buidings. Statue was like 2.5-3k with a 1024x512 diffuse, normal, color spec and gloss.

rome_female_statue01a.jpg

This was the last thing that I finished for the game. They wanted to make the area more roman, so what better way to do that, then the Pantheon!?

rome_pantheon01a.jpg

To be continued...

Replies