Home Technical Talk

PolyBoost 2.1 awesome just got awesomer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
sharper interface and some new tools!! these guys need to take over max development.. they have made more progress in a point release than autodesk has in 3 releases..

polyswiftloop
holy crap
swiftinsert.gifswiftloop.gif

polybranch
holy super crap
branch.gif

other cool stuff too check the link
http://www.polyboost.com/features_new2_1.htm

Replies

• arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Oh damn....that's pretty freakin' awesome!
  • CMB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CMB polycounter lvl 18
    OH me I seem to have to the bathroom in my pants...
    That's a fantastic piece of Technology!
    I can't imagine what they will do next...
    -cmb,truly amazed
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    The top left feature is also a new feature in Maya7, very handy for making edge loops.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i had the 2.0 trial running until recently and while some of it's functionality is nice and dandy and a timesaver, there is also stuff that doesn't quite work as well as expected, like the drawing of strokes on a hirez to define edgeloops on a lowrez. basically all i had looked forward to in functionality was a dissapointment and i ended up with a big window of tools that are gimmicks, not essentials. how many selection tools for edge loops, rings and whatever does the world need btw?

i couldn't stand the interface either, reminds me of horrible digital fusion sessions laugh.gif - lot's of tiny unreadable buttons crammed together. fit or die. i wasn't able to customize this someone else's interface and didn't find a way to use hotkeys so it was cumbersome to work with it.

ah well, back to work. reduced toolset, but easier to remember and handle. cspolytools and meshtools do all the basic stuff and quite a bit more. too many redundant buttons already.
  • PolyMonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyMonkey polycounter lvl 17
    Glad they got this up and running real quick for 8. Now if I can just get my copy of 8 quicker. smirk.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i wasn't able to customize this someone else's interface and didn't find a way to use hotkeys so it was cumbersome to work with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have had polyboost since its first release, and have always had my favorite tools assigned to hotkeys.. it works just like cusomizing any other script. and i have found it speeds up my modeling 10 fold.. i actually use the poly draw tool for going from high to low.. this allows you to plot verts on the highpolys surface and just stroke on the polys.. also works really well for getting something from zbrush that is animatable for hi rez cinematics... i do hate the pattern maker stuff.. but the new interface takes care of that fine, plus the topology tools have been addressed in this version and are really smooth compared to 2.0