Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Far Cry SWRM mod recruting!

chris
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
chris polycounter lvl 17
Hi, I am chris, the leader of the SWARM mod team. SWARM mod is a total modification for far cry. SWARM will feature over 20 new weapons with many more melee weapons. SWARM takes place in the city, and in large forts with numerous AI allied marines against SWARMS of enemies. SWARM really takes place in every kind of enviorment you can imagine. You will be able to pick up many things and use as melee weapons. SWARM is a continuation of Far Cry. Jack Carver rejoined the special forces and got shot while on a helicopter. No one knows if hes alive. You play as Jay, a S.W.A.T. unit left for dead, your mission - Destroy the source of the trigens, rid the city of the trigen SWARM, and get out alive.

At the moment we have 3 weapon/character modelers. SWARM is a total modification, and we are in need of tons of models. i cant even begin to count

We need a few character/enemy modelers. If you would like to join SWARM you should be able produce fully textured models, and if it is possible animate them. That is not required but would help If you join SWARM, we need many new character/enemy models. I do not put stress on my team by giving them required due dates for their work. I find that everyone is more productive if i allow them to make their own due dates. I work closely with everyone, and I am usually active during weekdays, but ALWAYS on weekends. The main character is being done by Soulfrog, just to let you know. If you are interested in joining the SWARM team, leave feedback and your email, or a messenger if you have 1. If you have any other questions about SWARM, message me on one of the following messengers smile.gif

AIM - froogle212
MSN - lumpy_peas@yahoo.com
Xfire - cheeseballz
Skype - cheeseyballz
ICQ - 334-891-803

I have many messengers and will download any other ones that i am asked to download. Having a lot of messengers makes communication a lot easier for you and me smile.gif I came to this website because i was very impressed with some of the things iv seen here. Also check out www.swarmmod.com Hope to see you soon!

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    What weiser meant is that you need to have *images* to pimp. You don't have anything in this thread other than text, so this would go in the "requests" forum. It's rare that a mod recruiting is allowed in the PnP forum, and only when they have substantial work to show off, and are then tacking on a request for help on the end. As this is purely a request, it belongs in that forum.

I would think the forum name "requests" would at least garner a click to see if similar themed threads for help on mods were common there, but that's just me making sure to investigate before posting on a forum I'm new to.
  • chris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chris polycounter lvl 17
    Oh i do have images, sorry for that. http://mods.moddb.com/5788/ that link has a few images of the maps so far. Concept art is coming soon.
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I think what Poop is saying is that this is primarily a post about asking for help, not "Pimping" or previewing a model or something that you are working on; there is a specific section for requesting help on mods and whatnot, so this should definitely be there.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    this is a recruiting post, not a pimp.
  • chris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chris polycounter lvl 17
    thank you for moving it here smile.gif SWARM needs more modelers at the moment, because we are planning on making hundreds of new models such as buildings, characters, weapons, props, and more laugh.gif