Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

same question, different approach

brett
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
brett polycounter lvl 18
hi, everyone. It's me again. We are still in desperate need of a modeler. The problem is, we always get to a point where we need a modeler or we can't move on and we are slowly bordering this point.....again.

What can I do, minus money, to get somebody interested in this project? Say the word, and I will try my best to accomidate anyone who is interested in helping us.

Just a reminder, our temporary website is
http://home.comcast.net/~uberkirscht3hl33t/Pictures.html

It hasn't been updated in a while, but there hasn't been that much difference in the actual effects that could be posted. Ai, online play, and all the other stuff can't be seen with pictures. The moves are coming a long way, but I haven't had a chance to get pics of all of the new ones. Every so often, I will get the updated demo from the programmer and he's behind a bit in his coding.

I really don't want to bother anyone here, but I just want to say that we are in desperate need of a modeler and would like to poll polycount again to perhaps get someone who haden't seen the original post or maybe someone who did see it would want to change their mind. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    If you're relying on the screenshots to do your selling, sit back for a moment and let's do some imagining.

Imagine that you, like me, know nothing about your game. You say that pictures can't show AI or online play, so forget those exist. Not only that, but the models should be ignored. So forget you see Piccolo there, or anyone else. You can imagine a character there, but they might as well be a stick-figure, for all the info we have about what the game is like. So keep the image of the stick-figure character in your mind.

Now. You have only the remaining information in the screen shots to judge the game on. You know what you're looking at? A sky, a piece of terrain (with a singe texture), some flashy-looking effects, and, for the sake of argument, a stick figure.

Does that seem like an interesting game to you? It doesn't to me. There's your problem.

/jzero
  • brett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brett polycounter lvl 18
    good point. Unfortunately, until the AI is completely worked out or we get some sort of online play, we can't release any sort of demo. All the game is right now is just running around and shooting energy attacks.

But even if it is just stick figures running around on terrain, at least we have something. That's more than a lot of people can say. But it's a two way street. We've come into contact with a lot of modelers who say they can do anything, but how are we to judge without any proof? If pictures aren't worth anything, than no one gets anywhere. You could send me a picture of the best looking model in the world, and by your standards, whether or not you did it, or there was anything special to it, we would just have to scoff it off and say that there wasn't any proof that you had anything. See my point? We wouldn't be advertising on here if we didn't have anything. Give us a few more months and a demo will be on its way.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18