Home Technical Talk

Texture in Max's Viewport/UV Window - Questions

SouL
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
SouL polycounter lvl 18
Is there a quick way to toggle filtered/unfiltered textures in Max?

I like to work with the textures unfiltered. It just helps when painting low resolution textures... it really lets you see what your pixels are doing. It helps when lining up UVs, too. I can turn it off by going through the viewport preferences... but is there a quick way to toggle it on/off?

Is there a way to do it in the UV editor, too? It's just a preference for me. I can't seem to find any options for it.

Is there an option to have a gizmo in the UV editor? I know there's the Free Form Gizmo tool. Kinda cool. But is there anything that'll let me having a traditional gizmo (like the one in the viewport)?

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Go to customize> preferences > viewports tab > configure driver (at the bottom left) > change from Linear texel lookup to Nearest (bottom left).

I don't know if it's able to be bound to a keyboard shortcut or not. If yes, please somebody let me know.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I had a look at the maxScript reference and couldn't find any commands for changing driver configuration settings. So I'm guessing the answer to binding it to a hotkey is no.

And about the UV Editor gizmo, there's just the transform tool, no vieport gizmo. They took a cue from Photoshop for that one, but I still like using the seperate move, rotate, and scale tools much of the time. Remeber that you can hold down Shift key to constrain movement and scale to one axis. And use the Cntrl key with the transform tool to scale uniformly.