Home Technical Talk

Zbrush document resolution

Daz
Daz
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Daz polycounter lvl 18
Say I have a full character model but I don't want to break it up to work on it. I'm using Uvgroups and hide and unhide to isolate bits of the mesh I want to work on. But here's my issue: even if I start with a very high document resolution ( 4096x3072 ) when loading the model, as I zoom in to work on just the head, it's pixellated as hell. Please tell me I'm missing some really obvious button here somewhere?! smile.gif I'm still a bit of a noob with zbrush so please bear with me! Read through many docs but couldn't find anything that covered my issue.

thanks.

Replies

• ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Daz,

There is a canvas/document zoom, and then there is like...viewport zoom.

Are you using the +/- keys to zoom or the alt-click-release alt-drag to zoom thing?

Because, 1 will pixelate, the other will not.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    can you post a screenshot? i am thinking it could be multiple things.. but i would have to see exactly what you are talking about..
    as far as the document resolution.. i usually just hit double twice before importing the model.. the other thing i am thinking is your using "zoom" and not "scale" when zooming in zbrush, you want to use scale, it dosent actually scale the model.. the hotkey for this is to hold alt then hold your stylus down on the wacom then let go of alt and move the stylus left and right.. seems funny i know but once you get use to it its pretty slick..
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome thanks for the super quick turaround guys! Yeah, I was using the wrong kind of zoom. Thanks again.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe Daz, I remember doing the same... for a while I used to think I couldn't zoom in at all!

Also I think hitting "Del" (or maybe it's "Home"? One of those thingies) will centre your object in the canvas... quite useful sometimes.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    you still using the cintiq you were talking about a few weeks back daz?
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    No I have to give it back! It was a tryout cintiq being handed around at work frown.gif
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Thats just mean... I think I'd cry if I knew what i was missing.

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all right? wink.gif