Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lozka or Jezus (not decided)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TryForce polycounter lvl 18
uhmm maybe a unusual post but i got here a model wich i´m going to redo... i redrawed the refs and im going to get better by redoing it.

I just like to know how do you think about the model and what you like or dont like... i really would be happy if you could tell me your thoughts.
lozka7ys.jpg

i´m in my youth (14 years old) and im really going to get good.

aight, hope ya gotta help me out smile.gif:love:

ref pic wich i´ve redone:
jezusrefcopy8op.jpg

for information:
It´s supposed to be a swimming underwater horse fighter.
he will supossed to be used in my further movie smile.gif

*done in lightwave

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Really strange looking character you've got there. It looks more like an inch-worm, larvae, land creature more than a swimming, underwater creature. Consider a different locomotion strategy, like a mermaid or dolphin, a streamlined body would be the preferred shape of an agile sea creature. A quick fix would be rotate the upper down forward/down 90 degrees, straighten out the humps in the lower body, and redefine the back-end more like a tail or large fin. I'd personally make the arms longer, and do away with those boxing mittens. Keep in mind when you remodel that high detail modeling, like texture painting, requires hard edges or you end up with a blurred mess.

BTW, you might want to crop your images, make them smaller and/or make thumbnails. The top image is mostly unused blue space, and your images are so wide that they break the forum's format, making it difficult to read posts.

here's a link to the thumbnails tutorial
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=533&an=0&page=0#533
  • PeteJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
    agree with what chris is saying there.
    my 2 pence would be to look at seahorses/mermaid type solution. sea horses have a strange way of moving, via several small constantly moving fins, flitting about like a bug.
    just a suggestion good work so far.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I can see a bit of lobster influence in his tail. Glad to see you getting into this at such a young age.

I'll second Chris and ask that you post smaller images that don't break the format of the board.

Is this a high poly or low poly model? A wireframe view would help so we can see your construction method. I'd also suggest working on a texture for every model you make, so that you get comfortable with texturing while you grow artistically. It will help you in the long run.

Oh and welcome to polycount!