Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ARTWerk!!!------ARGUs! model needs crits........

beserkevalk209
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
beserkevalk209 polycounter lvl 18
[ QUOTE ]
old model for class i did it on break of course being generous to the wrong poeple killed it, so its now stolen by a renegade mod leader,
basically its a character i did for a dead mod: ARGUs Kannon---
a man who tore his body to pieces starting with the eyes and then he recieved a mechical arm replacment from his miltiary goverment who made him into the killing machine he is, and eventually war had ravaged him so far that only his brain was left.... this is his final form before he dies by the hand of a vixen... crazy.gif
oh well here it is,
im changing it for the better anyways waht to improve on it?
argusismycreatonstolen.jpgrobotArgusforgamevixenconvertedscen.jpgcrazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    At a glance, looks pretty good overall, the things that stick out the most to me are:
    Smoothing group could use some work. This will help define shapes, especially on the bigger pieces, the hand sphere, etc.
    Feet/lower legs are very small. IMO, this gives the character the appearence of weakness, and I just don't see how feet that small could support such a top heavy upper body.
    Too much detail in bottom/back of feet. This is probably the least seen section of the model, it just doesn't add any value to have a mass of detail there.
    And are those tiny saw blades around the mouth/eye area? Can't really tell those are there or understand the purpose unless this is some sort of feeding device? They may be better suited on the arms.
  • beserkevalk209
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm yeah smmoothing would help thanxs , what should i use for that chamfer? ahh sorry the arms are retracted into the body, heres a shot of them outstretched... i hope it make more sense..
    btw thnakfully, this is the updated version that wasnt stolen.arms.jpg
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Looks as fantastic as it always did, Sharon. Could still use a bit of smoothing with the normals, but otherwise it's quite concrete. Sorry it was never able to be used, however, maybe in a few months, we might be able to put it to good use.
  • beserkevalk209
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanxs makkon i havent see you liek forever , school taking up everythign id be glad to help you with anything i can,there alot of models i could contribute to your project if you want.for now i guess its emails...ill fix it up for you then!
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    It's kind of hard to see what's going on with him right now. Could you turn on smoothing groups if it's supposed to be a low poly model, or put on a turbosmooth if it's supposed to be high poly? A render with a light source and shadows would help it read too.

Design looks kind of cool. I like that the legs narrow towards the feet and that his forearms are so powerful. He could be really cool walking around in game. I think since robots tend to be so symetrical, poses really show them off, so get crackin!