Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Head likeness attempt

Vitor
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Vitor polycounter lvl 18
It was the firt time i tryed to do something like this. Not sure if i've made it or if it's impossible to recognise him laugh.gif You will tell...

likehead5ih.jpglikeheadw9vq.jpg

Replies

• hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    jean luc picard?

(with selotaped on ears)
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Christopher Walken?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
  • spider2cool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
    it reminds me of the cop brother on everybody loves raymond
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    hey vitor, i wont guess since u already told me lol, but as far as i remember, his eyes are a bit smaller and his chin is almost v like wink.gif
    loops are better than your previously heads, but they still need some tweaking wink.gif

keep at it mate !!
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Lol, seems that it was a hugly failed attenpt hehe. laugh.gif
    Saddly this was meant to be Tom Hanks hehe.

This is one of the images i used as reference.
    Tom%20Hanksprint.jpg

If you think that it could get better with some suggestions go ahead grin.gif , if you think it has no salvation I'll start a new one with a different subject soon mad.gif
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    hey bro,
    ill just tip you to the eyeballs. basically, its just a ball, not very big. an ellipse for the ball, and another ellipse on it's surface for the pupil. like a blanket, the skin covers the eyeball from the top and bottom. what you are doing is a bigger-than-life blob for the ball, and another blob as socket (bone) + skin. the body is a very intricate machine, and you must understand the various parts for things to work together. the superfacial approach mostly relies on luck and accuracy.

considering these are your first attempts, you are doing pretty well, but i'd recommend modelling a skull at least 5 times, right now, before putting on the superfacial details.

i remember watching andrew jones demonstrate a live portrait, first drawing the skull of the person, and only then adding the superfacial details. i think thats a good approach.