Home General Discussion

..fcuking bojhncers

thnom
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
thnom polycounter lvl 18
Manl, I've just een out abd fyucking every single bouncer stopped ne abd asked mr for ID.. its not like I loko 12. i'm' 17 18 un 3 wk or so and their askign me for id

tossers

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    lol you fuckwit
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    no one is that stupid when they are drunk. he is sober trying to be funny. he should try looking in the mirror first. lol. . .
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    oh look, another one!
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Ya know what worse?

When they stop sakeing yu'

Stupid utoth..
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Hahahahaha best thread ever.

I rarely get asked for my id ... :O
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    hehehe same here n30, doubt i t ill ever be checked here,alcohol is 16 and coffeshops are 18

enjoy your youth while it lasts
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erm, are you saying you can't drink coffie untill your 18 but alcohol is ok? That seems so ass backwards. smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    The primary substance on offer in coffee shops in Amsterdam is not actually coffee Sean ;-)

But yea, don't complain about people thinking you are younger than you are!
    Besides, try living in the States. I'm into my thirties and I still get asked for i.d
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Silly me, I forgot where exactly JO420 relocated to! wink.gif

For some reason in my tired state I thought they were being caffine nazis. laugh.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Seems like every place in Denver has an ID man, a cop at the door, and they HAVE to ID everyone. Even my friend who is 50 is always id'ed, and he know's them personally. :P
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    ar!! ksd!fgj 'askdf douche, man [email="eEuH@!"]eEuH@![/email] rhona mitra mn, she's lura croft's .. HoT!

*vomits*
  • Makk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makk polycounter lvl 18
    Im 22 and always get asked for id! The legal age is 18 over here.
    >(
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Silly me, I forgot where exactly JO420 relocated to! wink.gif

For some reason in my tired state I thought they were being caffine nazis. laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe they are actually quite fond of coffee and their expresso,beats the folges im used to seeing peole dink.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Man, seriously -- last nights ID checking was bad. I look young..ish, but jesus christ. I'm still kinda spinning this morning. Its all good though, it kinda makes my 18 all the more special so I can whip out that ID laugh.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    If a bouncer stops you and asks for ID when you are 18, you probably STILL wont get in. Then it will becuase you are too drunk to get in, or becuase you are wearing the wrong shoes, or the worst I had was "cos you've got fucking blue hair. now fuck off".

Aileen and I got asked for ID at a supermarket about a year ago. We were 28 and 29 at the time. I hadn't shaved in about 4 days.

The last time I was in the US we got id'd almost everywhere, even folk who were in their 30s with beards. Its just to cover their on backs : ID everyone with no exceptions. It was annoying though, some places only accepted a driving licence or passport, and some took bank cards as proof.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    or becuase you are wearing the wrong shoes, or the worst I had was "cos you've got fucking blue hair. now fuck off".

[/ QUOTE ]
    Damn those hair colour discriminating bastards. Luckily I go to clubs where it is positively encouraged.

*gets back to work on blue dreads* grin.gif

The only place I remember being ID'ed in the US is Vegas. Then again, I'm surprised I remember anything from then confused.gif
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyway, good on the bouncers for stopping you from getting in, Thomn. You are under age, even if it is only three weeks until you can.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i fuckin' hate bouncers. If you can find me a more self-important, miserable, jobsworth cunt than your average Joe Bouncer i'll buy you a pint.

What other type of civilian job makes people predisposed to beat someone up if they have a slight set-to with a member of the paying public? A job staffed purely by hateful, repressed imbeciles who decided to pour a lifetime of built-up bile, anger and failure into putting on a cuntish black coat and being a colossal prick to everyone. Even when they try and be polite to people they haven't got a problem with ("Night ladies") it always comes across as crushing insincerity or lecherous smarm. HATE THEM.
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Its still depressing.. 3 week away from your 18th -- getting ID'd everywhere INCLUDING the fucking heaven and hell (where the age limit seems to be 12..). Getting dressed up, ready and all that to be ID'd everywhere frown.gif

Oh well..
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    still ... looks like you succeeded in getting royally pissed anyway. Can't have been all bad?
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, we were drinking vodka and coke at my mates before we went (doubles). Had 3 of those, so I was pretty much pissed before going into town. We was wondering round town, had 2 bottles in the sports bar, 2 in the bar above and about 3 or so in the heaven and hell. Oh.. and had a pint in the rugby club before going to my mates. Good job we had those vodka and cokes before hand, really wink.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Pissed after 3 double vodka and cokes? Lightweight wink.gif
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    What date is your bday thnom? mine is also about 3 weeks' away on the 14th smile.gif

And yeah, bouncers are complete cunts- I tried to get into Bar Risa in Leeds whilst I had bright red hair and got told that I was "too casual" looking despite the fact that a workmate of mine who was wearing pretty much the same kind of clothes, minus the red hair, got in no problem.

And as for getting asked for ID- I couldn't buy a packet of fags without getting hassled until I was 19 and even when I was 22, I was being asked for ID for booze.... grrr
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    haha mop -- I only started drinking a while ago -- I didn't see the point. Missed childhood wink.gif

Chunk -- the 11th smile.gif Gonna go out on the 14th though (thats the Friday?). Infact I'll probably still be pissed on the 15th from the night before - haha.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    People bitch and complain about being ID'ed til their about 40. Then it's a blessing. The stores I've worked at in the US have laws stating you must ask anyone you believe is 27 or younger. Local law enforcement will send minors through as a test, and if you don't ask, YOU are arrested. I'm never asked because I always have my ID ready.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    whereas, when i have a 5 year old of my own, i'm going to enjoy the UK law to its fullest by sitting the kid in the beer garden and buying him his own pint (wouldn't let him drink it all, mind. That'd be psycho. Just suck the froth off the top). Common misconception, that you have to be 18 to drink.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well yes, you don't have to be 18 to drink. A glass of wine would be offered to go with Sunday dinner when I was a kid.

Drinking isn't a big thing. Sure, a couple works as a social lubricant. Drinking to get drunk isn't a thing to do. I wish we in the UK would adopt more of a Europeon take on alcohol. Enjoy it with food and sit around and enjoy our friends company. Much better than roving in packs, getting tanked up until you either fall down or the places shut.

And while some bouncers can be arseholes (we have one at our goth club who acts like he is all that, but looks about 12), you sure do appreciate what they do after working in a nightclub for a couple of years.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah i get so pissed at the guy at subway when he makes me a sandwich, and that fucking janitor,, realy ticks me off when he mops the floor. and holly fuck when the taxi driver drives me places.. it makes me FURIOUS!

you ever think maybe he was doing his job?
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    yeah i was a door guy at a bar for a few monthes.. and the shit that bouncers have to put up with every night.. i think they should just be given guns and no rules on how to use them.i love to drink and have a good time, but drunk people are worst to deal with..
  • Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raven polycounter lvl 18
    I've only been ID'd a handful of times. If you go to a bar when it's busy, they don't give a toss.. hell most of the time they don't give a toss anyways. It's only clubs that have an issue (and bouncers). Never had any bouncer trouble personally.

They went after a friend once though, so ya know.. you kinda have to throw a few punches then ^_^

As far as landlords go, provided your sensible about it; while they might not serve you. They won't worry about serving your mate who is an adult and letting you drink in the pub.

Most landlords I know don't even bother asking. I look pretty young but never been asked for ID in England, Ireland or Scotland. Can't say I've ever ordered in Wales, but I'm pretty sure it'd be the same. Been asked for ID in Germany, and Texas. Not many other places though.

I'd also say, I kinda agree with the whole going out to binge thing. Pubs are nice, but tbh.. it's much more fun at home chilling with your mates over a few bottles of stuff.

This said I'm not out every night or even every week. Prefer to drink every once in a while rather than just to drink or be social.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    On the subject of age and perception...

My wife and I are crew leaders in Venture Scouting, a co-ed type of Boy Scouts for teenagers. At an event last weekend, we had come in separate cars... as I was leaving I gave my wife a kiss goodbye before I drove the group back home. One of the event leaders saw this, and thought I was a teenage crew member -- kissing the crew leader on the lips in front of at least three dozen people.

"No, sorry, we're both almost 40...!"

/jzero
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I got asked for my id once when i bought a beer!
    I don't know why! I'm 13!
    Stupid bar-tender!
    Gosh!