Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Astrochimp uh.. in space.. :D

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
astrochimp.jpg

Redesigned my site last week and needed a logo so i created this guy.. smile.gif Trying to get back into art... at 33, and getting ready to back to school full time for a graphic arts degree.. kinda scary..

any crits, advice, etc greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    hehe, that's cute. I think if it's fine. If you want to take it further, maybe some darth vader buttons on his chest for more color (since he's pressing a button there anyway), and draw in the red button trigger he's got his left hand gripped for that activates the flames-from-butt jetpack. laugh.gif
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    since you are going back into school, ill try and be as blunt as i can with you smile.gif

It looks pretty cool...cant think of anything except Planet of the Apes, but thats to be expected i guess

The contrast between the monkey and the background is horrid :\...the edges of the monkey seem very rough, it's almost as if the monkey is at a lower resolution than the background...it's really making me want to almost not look at it, you know? Try and smooth him out a bit, maybe take some of the realism out of the background (I dont know if you made that background or slapped the monkey on their), however, I would suggest remaking the background and making it more, cartoony? I think it would match more

I think that's it, but maybe im just too tired to think. Don't get me wrong though bro, looks pretty cool and i like it, just trying to help you out with some solid crits...gl going back to school (especially full time) I know it will be hard for you, but you will do awesome smile.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotcha on the background, was trying something new.. guess it didn't work.. smile.gif I'll remove the background.. I used it on my site logo too; so I'll just make it as cartoony as the chimp, there... thanks for the crits.. (yea, made the background/planet in PS too... plus I can make the background less black so you can actually see the outline of the monkey and throw some more stuff in there the same style, mixing the two does make it look a little odd.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updated..

chimp.jpg

Removed the space background and replaced it with a cartoony one, gonna add something to his hand then as well.. thanks for the crits.. smile.gif
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    Looks a LOT better laugh.gif...I'm not "wanting to look away" anymore...it goes with the monkey a lot better (monkey's edges still seems bumpy but it isn't as distracting in this one)...you are still going to add a planet behind him right?