Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Apocalypse

meaty ogre
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
meaty ogre polycounter lvl 18
I saw a commercial for the new x-men legends so I thought I would post this. I did it for a facial animation. I based it off of a pic of Apoc from the Onslaught series. The original was drawn by Joe Madureira.
3d_apocalypse.jpg

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    It's looking good. Although personally, when I think of Apocalypse, I think of a Huge hulking mass, this sorta looks like an anime version of him. I'm just saying because of the tiny waste and the facial style.

The pec muscles look a bit off, they should flow a little more into the deltoid, rather than cut off at it.
  • meaty ogre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meaty ogre polycounter lvl 18
    Madureira does have somewhat of an anime flare to his work. The body was thrown on him to get a friend of mine to shut up so the muscular discrepancies are mostly due to the 30 min I did the body in. This model was just going to be used for a facial animation. When I get some time back I'm going to back to working on the normal map for the face again.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i really like the head shape, but i agree i would like to see the body more tree trunk shaped, and less tapered, but thats just my personal tastes, head looks awesome, always like the apoc