Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low Poly Head

MwK
MwK
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MwK polycounter lvl 18
Hi Everyone. i have done a low poly head and am texturing the model now. its 236 tris and 256x256 tex map.

Here is a pic
head1eg.th.jpg

Please post your suggestions and critics

Thanks

Replies

• Crylar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar polycounter lvl 18
    Edited, incorrect post location.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crylar, why are you posting this here? I guess you wanted to post it in the "what are you working on?" thread, which is located to the top of the list, as a sticky.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice job on the texture. I'd work a little more on color variation on the face. One thing I do that seems to help, is make a brand new layer, and paint with BRIGHT saturated colors over the areas. Blue for the eyesockets, yellow for forehead, orange and red for cheeks and nose, and blue/green for the beard area. Then put the layer on "color" blending mode, and back it waaaay off, to like 5% opacity or less. Then you can play with erasing or adding the colors as needed. Sometimes I'll do a gaussian blur on the whole layer to help blend the colors together.

Keep it up man, good work.
  • MwK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MwK polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Ben for your words. I will work on the colour variations the way you told me. But i already have got an update and i worked on the texture before i had seen your post so i will work on it and show an update of colour variation on my model.

Anyways, here is the url to the pic
    head27yj.th.jpg

And the tex:

headtex26dw.th.jpg

Please post your comments and critics on my model.

Hope to hear from you people

Thanks
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i can clearly see that the eyes are deleveled, i mean one is higher than another, the lips are huge on the model, but the color tone, etc seem good , i say keep working at it, youll achieve something good wink.gif
  • MwK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MwK polycounter lvl 18
    thanks johny for replying. i made the eyes like that myself. I thought it would be good. I will see to the lips if what can i do?

Thanks
  • MwK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MwK polycounter lvl 18
    hi
    I have done some work on the texture of the model. just moved the pupils a little and done the colour variation by the technique Ben told me.

Here is a pic, Please post C&C.

head34ej.th.jpg

I have done a basic Hairlayout. I will remove them and then redo them. I just wanted to do a rough work on it.

Thanks