Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kingdom Hearts Cloud

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TryForce polycounter lvl 18
cloudwip5gl.jpg
mad.gif i really havnt posted here along time ago confused.gif

uhm so this is Cloud from Kingdom Hearts smile.gif like you see it got 450 polys i gues 800 tris ... im just looking to do it smile.gif

Thanks Enix for the refs smirk.gif

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Sure as hell better than anything i could make...
    Though, that's not much of a compliment.
    smile.gif
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LazyBoy polycounter lvl 18
    I suppose a few peeps here and there are making these models off the back of the film
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    well, the film WAS pretty awsome :P

anyway, if your modeling it after the version in kingdom hearts, remember to use longer legs, and a shorter torso.
  • Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raven polycounter lvl 18
    i don't remember a kingdom hearts film... :-\
    the model looks like a few common new modeller mistakes.

most noticeable is the attention to detail prior to finishing the main mesh. best method i've found to creating a mesh that flows and on the whole looks good, is one that you create the basic outline first. going for the shape and defining the major animation folds.

the next step is to then add the detail, giving it some depth. i'd say try to create a turn-around based on the game and use that as a template; work around that.

you only need to depict major folds in clothes, the general folds can be done via normal or even just the diffuse textures.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's missing 4 of the major body joints I would normally use as a bench mark for crits. Shoulders, elbows, hands and neck. You have the legs in and they look pretty good, but I would suggest taking out a few folds and making sure the knees will deform correctly. They look correct now but no character walks around with knees/hips locked. If I was to rig the legs right now I THINK* I would have issues weighting the verts in the knees to get good deformation. I would suspect the ass would be another tough part to weight but I can't tell for sure because it is covered by a cape...

Lets see you get some arms and a basic head blocked out, fix those knees and give us a peak at his backside.

Good start so far! keep up the good work and I'm sure it will be a good model =)
  • TryForce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments/crits and tips.

i´m going to finish the mesh first and when needed the else stuff for animating bugs. heres what i got for now:
    cloudwip5ju.png

i just need to fo the head and im finished with the mesh. Polycount is at 2100 tris... i know its much but i gues the hands is the polywhoring place.
  • TryForce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cloudwithoutshadows8hk.jpg

here pics of him:
    kh_cloud1.jpg
    kh-cloud5.jpg
    kh-cloud7.jpg
    kh-cloud4.jpg