Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lurk No longer

meaty ogre
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
meaty ogre polycounter lvl 18
Been lurking since the boards were put up. So to end it all, here is a piece I did in 3dsmax 4 about 2 years ago. I just found it in some of my old back ups and figured that I would resurrect what I could from the project.
3d_Egg.jpg

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    That looks neat. Although, That bit coming down over the cockput looks a little thin, I mean the glass looks thicker than it, so you might want to beef that up a little bit. The Hydrolics look a little off on the back of the legs though. And maybe, just my opinion, but add some sort of headlight(s)?

Good work though! Keep it up, I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the boards.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    If that's something you created 2 years ago, then I'm surprised you haven't posted something sooner smile.gif

Cool piece.
  • Faucet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Faucet polycounter lvl 18
    Nice stuff in your portfolio. You should post it too. smile.gif
  • ScreaminBubba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScreaminBubba polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone remember the mousers from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back in the day? (when the comic first came out)

This is very similar. Looks great. cool.gif
  • meaty ogre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meaty ogre polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments.
    neo_god: thanks for the crits, never noticed the thinness on the cockpit I wish that the shell modifier had been out when I modeled this that would be an easy fix. As for the hydraulics, I'm not sure what you are looking at and adding a headlight definitely makes sense. I'll have to get on that at some point.
    notman: I've just started putting a site together while I'm working on updating my portfolio which is one of the reasons I hadn't posted anything.
    faucet: thanks for the praise on the port. its still under construction there will definitely be more coming when I have a bit more time.
    sreaminbubba: Yeah I definitely notice the resemblance. I built while I was looking at an egg. I'll post the character that rides in it as soon as I can.