Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

head model

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EmAr polycounter lvl 18
Here's a head model I'm working on. This is the first head model I made which I'm happy with smile.gif The head is 1146 tri's and the glasses weigh 132 tri's. The eyeballs are separate spheres(which are pretty dense). The body is to be modeled also. CnC welcome!!!
doc15bt.th.jpg
doc26um.th.jpg

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I would recommend doing it a lot lower poly first and get the shapes right. then add the detail.
    Find a side/front and 3/4 view to work from. Really you are only as good as your reference.
    The mesh flow is way off too.Just looks a bit messy.
  • Hooker with a Penis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hooker with a Penis polycounter lvl 18
    Too tired to provide any real criticism, but I just wanted to say that this sortof reminded me of The3DGuy...
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    There's a few things to crit here, but the big one is the height of the skull. The eyes should fall halfway down the skull, but you have them about a third of the way down. Changing this will make a big difference, so give him some more forehead and skull. The ears are a bit large too, although plausible for an old guy. The top of them is in about the right place, but you might want to make them a little smaller. I wouldn't say your mesh flow is all that bad, but you could happily ditch those weird loops you have around the eyebrow area.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a lot for the replies! I modified the forehead/top of the skull. I cleaned the eyebrow area. I also modified the loops around the eye(I left one half of the face as it was(remarked as old/new in the pic)), building concentric loops. Is it any better now?
    doc39yy.th.jpg
    Thanks again for your time.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I seem to have finished the body too.
    doc40aw.th.jpg
    If you think there's something weird about proportions or the model in general, please, let me know. Thanks for checking smile.gif.
    Edit: Here's some info about the guy if anyone's interested. This guy will be a post-apocalypse scientist. The thing on his left forearm is a wrist-computer. He is currently wearing a lab coat.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    You have modelled in almost perfect squares - almost every angle between your polygons is a perfect 90 degree angle. The human body is extremly curvy, and deforms in curves in many ways.

After a VERY quick search, I found this by Shimmer :

cg27_WIP01.jpg

Look at all those nice angles.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for pointing that out Rick_Stirling smile.gif I hope I managed to solve the problem.
    edges8sk.th.jpg
    Thanks again for replying