Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nuke Tractor

motives
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
motives polycounter lvl 18
long time no pimp wink.gif

posted this in the wip thread and now its kinda finished so i thought it could deserve its own thread..

concept by spinefinger, 4300 polys
100% self-illuminated, 1024x1024 diffuse (no bump spec atm)

render16ir.jpg
render63br.jpg

Flat:
flat6gg.th.jpg

Wire:
render1wire8jl.th.jpg

my intentions with this model.. Well im not sure. I mostly wanted to practice my texturing skills achieving a kinda "painterly" look.. Eventually i try stick it in UT2004

comments and crits most welcome!

Replies

• Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Great concept! The John Deere camo is perfect. Man... I can imagine a whole set of vehicle replacements, Futuristic Duely Pickups, Flying, Riding Lawnmowers
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I remember seeing this in the What are you working on thread. I think the vivid colors and contrasty lighting are working really well. I think my one complaint is that it doesn't have any large scale lighting on it. I know that will most likely be provided by the engine, but I think it would add to the visual quality of the texture.

Looking good reguardless man.

Oh yeah, shouldn't the wheels have a little dirt or mud on them?
  • motives
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    Ninja: lol yes, the nukelawnmover would be something spectacular smile.gif question is if cuts grass or somethin else?

Poop, when you say large scale lighting do you mean light from a specific light source? like i paint in the shadows that would fall from the exhausts?

About the wheels, yea they probably should have some mud on em smile.gif Im not 100% pleased/finished with the texture yet, there are a few details i wanna go in and tighten up, but that will have to wait since im getting really swamped in schoo atm.
  • John Warner
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    hehe that's quite cool man smile.gif it's rather serious samish.