Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chocobo-W.i.p

LazyBoy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
LazyBoy polycounter lvl 18
Trying to make a Chocobo now.... have only got the legs and body done but i just want crits from you guys i need to know if anything has been done wrong or if any thing can be improved i dont want to have to finish the model then find out that i have done something wrong then have to go back and fix it.

I would like to know if anything is wrong while i am still making it so it is easier for me to go back and correct it while the model is still a work in progress.

here is the pic ref, the screenie and wireframe

chocobofrontpicref8gx.jpg

[image]chocobowireframe1hh.th.jpg[/image] [image]chocobo3ul.th.jpg[/image]

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The body has waaaaaaaaay too many horizontal loops. The legs have too many polies as well (the feet are shaped too much like a block, shouldn't look like that). At the current stage it'll be easier to start over instead of trying to rescue it.
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thank you for that you have shown me where i have gone wrong and i understand i will start again.
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright redid the feet so it's not as boxy and redid the legs so there aren't as many polies and redid the body so there aren't as many horizontal hoops. If anyone feels there are any problems which i haven't covered with the model or whether the problems i have covered with the model aren't done good enough then notfication would be helpful

[image]chocobotestpic8pv.th.jpg[/image]

[image]chocobotestwireframepic3hj.th.jpg[/image]
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, much better. I can't wait to see the character completed
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright found some time to do the wing it's still kinda bugging me as i don't think it's right and i don't know whether i want it connected to the main torso in this manner maybe it should be connected to the body by only the shoulder area instead of being connected down the front

does anyone agree with this???

but confirmation of this or any other things that people feel that needs to be redone would be helpful

chocobowingwireframe4or.th.jpg[/image]
    [imag
    e]chocobowing9zm.th.jpg[/image]