Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Source Sci-Fi mod "Xenocide" needs artists

[XC] Taylor
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
[XC] Taylor polycounter lvl 18
I am a 2nd year MBA student planning on developing a career in game production. My current project is a sci-fi multiplayer mod for the Source engine called "Xenocide." Our concept art team is working dilligently to produce final model sheets for our designs so the time has come to add modelers, UV mappers, animators, and skinners to our team. There is a commericalization possibility for this project - compensation will be royalty based. I encourage you to visit The Xenocide web page and take a look. If you would like to apply to our team, please feel free to email me at taylor at xeno-cide.com or use the Help Wanted section of the site. Thank you for your time and interest.

Alien Concept
xenocidealiena1cs.th.jpg

----Begin Mod Introduction----
In short
The climax to a sci-fi thriller film

Gameplay Summary
Xenocide is a multiplayer Sci-Fi Action-RPG. One team represents human survivors and the other team represents vicious aliens. On the surface, gameplay for the human team is simple:

-Get to Central Processing.
-Unlock doors, if needed.
-Restore power, if needed.
-Start self-destruct sequence.
-Get to the escape pod.

Alien players respawn infinitely. Human players respawn as Aliens. When all of the human players are dead or have escaped, the round is over. Points are tallied and stats are shown, after which the next round begins.

So how is it a RPG?
Players do not have any stats nor do they collect experience. However, each human player is given a secondary objective. Though these objectives are randomly assigned, many times players’ goals will be in opposition. For example, one or more player may receive the secondary objective of "Retrieve the Alien Specimen." At the same time, another human player may receive the secondary objective "Destroy the Alien Specimen."

Players will be able to interact with each other in such ways as: knocking out, pushing, etc. So not only will players be fighting for their survival versus a never-ending horde of vicious aliens, they will be faced with unique objectives designed to make them take risks and engage in conflicts within their own team! Direct killing of teammates will be discouraged, however, the environment will provide ample opportunity for double-crosses. At the beginning of each round, players will be randomly dealt new weapons and objectives.

Art Direction
"American-style" low-tech sci-fi. No power armor. No flying suits. Only a few buckled armor plates, jeans, T-shirts, jackets, fingerless gloves, dirty leather boots, kneepads, bandages, duct tape, etc. separate the humans from alien claws. Life is dirty and messy in the future.

Replies