Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

I -will- pay money for a skin request. READ PLEASE

MoRpHoBiS
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MoRpHoBiS polycounter lvl 18
Thought I'd throw in some money to the person who can get this one done by tonight!!! Just throw in your name and address to me in the e-mail you send me of the completed character and you will recieve a money order from me for $20! I know its not much but its something!

It was going to happen sooner or later, and I guess it happened sooner! (gasp!). I know everyones busy and the likelyness of you being able to fullfill this will be rare but hey it doesn't hurt to try now does it?

Anyways, here's what I want:
This skin request is for UT 2004.
The REMUS model is to be the model being skinned.
I want his color scheme to be white, gold, blue, black, and chrome.
I want his pants to have a blue and black scheme, with a white asianish dragon going down both legs. I'd then like to see *CLNKILRZ* going down the leg in gold with a chrome trim on the text. Use a font of your choice, as long as it feels asianish. I'd like the mask KEPT on Remus, however, see if you can make it look more metallic, you know, put screws on the sides of the mask, or something. Just make his mask look unique and stand out, I really don't care what it takes! Now, on his chest, I'd like to see:
*CLNKILRZ* written (again, in gold, with a chrome trim, in an asian-ish font). For his armor color scheme, again, black,blue, and white. On his shoulder pads, or shoulders, (forgot if he had shoulder pads or not, having a brain fart here at work!) I'd like there to be an asian symbol of your choice in white. Now, for his face, I'd like my picture used. I have it on the bottom of this post, so please use it. I know from attempting that putting a real life picture of a face on a skin isn't easy, especially when your trying to make it look like its not cut and pasted onto something else. Just try your best ! And lastly, the hair! I'd like the hair color to be BROWN with blonde highlights or 'tips' as some hair stylists call it. Again, thanks so much for whoever decides to attempt this, as its not an easy task! Thank you so much!!! When the skin is completed, please e-mail it to me at:
sf_soldier_03@yahoo.com
This skin will be used for our whole clan and whoever does this skin will get the -FULL- credit, and Polycount.com will be linked on our site! Thanks again so so much for everything, we DO appreciate it!
Here's the picture of me I'd like you to use:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...H/100_0501.jpg
Again, thank you so very very much!
-Ryan D. Bush,
Webmaster at *CLNKILRZ*
*PS* I posted this offer at Skin City (http://www.skincity.beyondunreal.com) and they were very rude, and just flat out ignorant. They had this "were better than you aura" going on about them, I hope that isn't the case with any of you!! Again, I will pay twenty dollars to the person who can do this one, so please post if you are up for this challenge!! smile.gif Remember to give me your address so I can send you the money order. Thanks again for all of your time, I do appreciate it!!! I was very upset with the way I was treated...you should read some of their responses...just insanely unprofessional and rude..then again, thats what you get when you have a group of children that are only half-skilled artists thinking they rule the world, lol. smile.gif Here's the link to their posts:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=163291

...yeah, what jerks.. I offer twenty dollars for ONE skin. And they treat me like THAT. That's sad. frown.gif

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, I read that thread over on BeyondUnreal, personally I think the guys' responses were entirely acceptable. There is no need to post multiple times in a row in your own thread, that's just going to make you appear pushy and hyperactive - and nobody likes working for pushy, hyperactive people, if they're being paid or not.

I hope you realise that it takes time to make textures for player models. Waving money in front of people isn't going to make them magically be able to work 10 times faster than usual.

Asking for an entire new player skin in one night is just asking a little too much, I think. Especially when it's a UT2k4 texture, which are usually 2 1024x1024 maps, which take even longer than most texturing.

I think your impatience stems from lack of understanding. I'm sure you'll find someone to do it eventually, especially since you're offering money, but definitely not in one night.
  • MoRpHoBiS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoRpHoBiS polycounter lvl 18
    I understand it can't be done in one night, but I would like someone to commit to this project and tell me they are doing it. When they post a Work In Progress image, I will send them the money order. smile.gif Do you want to do it, MOP?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry, I'm afraid I'm too busy with other work at the moment.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    $20 really isnt a good offer for paid work. If you think about it, it could easily take someone 20 or more hours to do this skin, so what you're basicly doing is offering $1 per hour(or less). Would you like to work for $1/h? Didnt think so. Now $20 PER hour to make this would be a much more reasonable request. If you cant afford to hire a proffesional to do this type of thing you should probably look into doing it yourself.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    agreed. $20 is £10 in my money - i doubt if you'd get me out of bed if i was warm and comfortable for £10, let alone work solidly on a complex texture or two.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Then again, this MoRpHoBiS fella may have unrealistic expectations about the abilities available around Polycount. That is, a lot of us do this for fun, but AFAIK everyone who's posted replied here is either a working professional game artist, or will be... or just kinda is, in my case. MoRpHoBiS, check these guys' portfolio sites, you'll see that you're lowballing...

/jzero
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I dont think hes expecting to hire a working professional. He probably wants to hire a modder who usually works on free mods in his spare time. And in that case, 20 bucks isnt horrible. I dont think hes expecting to make any money off this...
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I charged a guy $60 for a skin for his Quake 1 clan back in the day, it was the Intel bunnysuit guy.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I think the last few clan skins I did were about 5 years ago, and they were $100 a pop.
  • Bubee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bubee polycounter lvl 18
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...&PHPSESSID=

I will pay a reasonable price, see my thread and contact me. I need 2 Nude Hostage models made for my company in CS. I will pay a few hundred $$ Not trying to steal your thread but I noticed people are responding here and I have a real offer in paid section that noone is looking at. LOL
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Please don't hijack other peoples thread's with your requests. If people are interested, they will respond.