Home General Discussion

PSP firmware 2.0

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
Just a heads up to you PSP owners - it's now available for download. It's not showing on the Sony website, but it's available through the system update feature on the PSP.

Happy web browsing smile.gif

Replies

• Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Thanks Vaasago, been waiting for the US version.
  • The3DGuy
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    i will stick with my 1.5 until homebrew can run on 2.0, but that won't be for a while
  • flaagan
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    about goddamned time.
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Probably a preemptive strike, before the 1.51 firmware gets hacked tongue.gif

P.s.: I hate companys that lock up their systems. I will never buy a console or PC that isn't programable by the user. After all I OWN that system, so I should be free to do with it what I like!

I will probably get a gpx2 soon (www.gpx2.com). It is the great successor of the GP32. And it absolutly beats the PSP in useability, and I don't have to deal with that firmware crap (if I want a web browser I will just install one confused.gif )
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    JK: Remember what the GP32 cost at launch? Compare that to the Gameboy. They're making the stuff a lot cheaper by making money off the software sold.
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah the original GP32 was relativly expensive at launch (and even sucked back then without all that homebrew software that is available now), but the new successor will be a lot cheaper at launch (and the most well known GP32 developers got a free developing device before the official launch in late october, to start porting programms). It will cost less than $200, and it will be priced correctly in euros, unlike the PSP etc which is always 1:1=€:$ which is in realitly about 20% more mad.gif

But nothing is preventing the company from selling games and making money off the software if the system is open to programm for anyone. The last time I checked, there was a pretty healthy PC-game industry laugh.gif

P.S.: Oh and btw, the GP32 can't even be compared to the Gameboy, as the latter doesn't even play in the same league. Even a comparism with the GBA is questionable, as it has alot less power and the screen is also not even near as good.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    which is in realitly about 20% more

That's them thinking "We have to pay 25% VAT in some countries there, let's define a price that brings the same profits in the highest VAT regions and apply it to all of them!". Strangely, that thinking is not applied to PC games...