Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

zbrush devil

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
so I got bored of playing wow yesterday and decided to do some zbrush, made a base mesh in max and then threw it into z, was pretty fun, heres the end result, I might mess with it a little more.

devil.jpg

Replies

• Ramucho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    heh, looks really cool, i'd add some details on the forehead and neck. Also try projection master to add major texture to it using your alpha basic palette.
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome V! I really like all the details, it's looking very sharpen and polished. I really like the stone/wood-ish effect on him! My only comment would be the shape of the jaw. Atm it's not matching very well the style of your character who is very strong and sharpen. I did a quick scale of it to illustrate what I'm saying.

Anyway, great job !

devil_jaw.jpg
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    good work dude. that has got some cool shapes in it. it doesn't have your typical zbrush feel to it, and i like that.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I am cold turkey on WoW right now!!! Damn that awesome game. I can't get anything done.

Very nice dude. I particularly love some of the defined ridges for the brows and cheekbones. If I were to be forced to crit, I might say that the neck kinda suffers from that 'Zbrush detail for the sake of it' thing, as opposed to detail that makes any true sense. I dunno, get a pic of a muscly strained neck and see how they compare, but some of these tendons feel strange. You could push the face a little more too to be more menacing, it feels a little too average joe. I dunno, maybe a more hooked nose or something? Or more sharp feeling as RG suggests. Great stuff though man.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Damn, thats hot V. I like the shape of the horns you picked.
  • RazorBladder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
    I really love what you've done here V, I'd definately take Renaud's crit onboard, Horns are Fuckin-A
    Though the details on that chin have me baffled, dunno wtf's goin on there.
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    god damn you V why do you have to be so good!! frown.gif...

nice work,agreed the nech looks off...id prefer it if it wa sjust plaine smooth,but then as you know im boring :P

Good job!

John
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    LOOKING GOOD! errrrrr devilish! Love the sharp edges... doesn't have the blotchy look alot of people acheive with zbrush... PINCHIN'!!
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Go, V, go! Lookin' schweeeet.

I like the altered bone structure, and the little nodules sticking out. I think they would glow, on a demon guy.

Definitely keep adding significant detail, like to the neck and back of the head. I think he needs weird-ass ears and strange-shaped eyes also. Right now he still looks kinda like an actor waiting for the makeup guy to finish putting all his latex prosthetics on. Make him look inhuman.

Know you can do it!

/jzero
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Right now he still looks kinda like an actor waiting for the makeup guy to finish putting all his latex prosthetics on. Make him look inhuman.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first thought, too

But otherwise fine work.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for the crits all, i'm definitely going to put more work into this, def more detail, def projection master, alot of it. as for making the guy look less human... making him human is something i was going for in the begining, didn't want to make another one of those exaggerated zbrush busts... I think he will look a bit more evil though >:D

blahahahhahahahaha
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    NICE stuff, although i agree on the sharpness on the cheeks and chin though, but you are going to make some changes on him so that will be something to see.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Personally, I think it would look great if you ripped off the front of his nose so he had that classic undead evil look going for him.

Anyways, its a good start. Just go in there and continue detailing.