Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

a little anime girl

spider2cool
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
spider2cool polycounter lvl 18
I am not really looking for crits on this model...but feel free to do so. I am not really going for realistic...but more anime-ish. just kinda started making it. a freestyle i guess. i will get the wires in later. just got anxcious to show her. it has been a while since I posted. I am still pondering on what to do with her. not sure what kind of character to make her into. keep in mind she is suppose to be a young teen. i usually make adults...so i tried something different.
animegirlcomp7bq.jpg

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The head loooks like an imp or other kind of demon from the side...
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k thank you for helping me make my decision on what to do with her. I call her dragoness, not really sure what to name her. I know I should of kept this up-to-date, but I have little time so I spent it on just modeling. here is the finished product. I will also post the reference i roughly used. there are some differencs in the model from the ref. I added a tail, changed up the hair a little, gave her boots, and she has different arm weapons.

here is the link to the reference
    dragoness ref

collectiondragoness9zl.jpg
  • -=Warhead=-
    Offline / Send Message
    -=Warhead=- polycounter lvl 18
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    The back of the head could use a little less repetition, it's very obvious that all these alpha planes use the same texture due to the white edge. It also makes it possible to tell the alpha planes apart, they should look like one more or less solid mass.
  • The_Synj
    Offline / Send Message
    The_Synj polycounter lvl 18
    my first post oO. dun worry..im a noob..i have no exp. in modeling at all...some people like it that way, becuase they dun no how hard it is to make them...wich means i can focus more on the details. i cant say its not a good model..because its definetly a good one, but i cant say much..you need to show some more angles and a closer up shot of the face..also wires would be very nice. but from what i can see i can say:
    i like the way you textured her..yes, i know what some of the words mean >.> im not completly retarded XD. the only problems i see is the lips..maybe its just me..but are the lips a bit deformed? i can tell its her lips, but i cant really catch whats wrong with them..also another problem is her nose..it seems to be a bit big for her face. thats really al lthere is..except for her tail, it bugs me..it seems to be almost a bit..papery?. well...that could be just me too. anyways this model is pretty good id rate it a 9/10 smile.gif keep it up..what program did u use to model? and what did you use to texture(draw them)?. sorry for mispelled words..keyboards got pop all in it..need a new one frown.gif. how many polys?.or tris? lol..im new..so excuse something i said if it was wrong :'(..
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I actually quite like the repetition on the hair planes. It kind of adds to the reptilian feel.

The flat tail does look a little odd but I'm liking the look of the rest.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    holy crap, thats an improvement from the first picture. very nice.

the texture on the tail makes me sad, though. seems a wee bit too low-rez.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    I edited the hair a little. I tied to make it less seperated. I already textured and skinned the model so I can only move the vertexes. if i add more to the model it will make me have to redo the skinning processes. hopefully this looks better. I saved the original incase everyone thinks the other way is better. here are also the wires.
    wires4wx.jpg
    face3fn.jpg
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    i added a cuple of tattoos. one on her stomach and one on each arm. her arms are mirrored so it is the same tattoo. here is the tattoo i drew up for her and here is a picture of her with the tattoos. C&C welcome
    *click thumbnail for bigger picture
    tattoodragon4bi.th.jpg
    dragonesspose74nd.jpg
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    You should fade or soften the edges of the tattoo. Tattoo ink bleeds into the skin. Currently it looks painted on rather than a tattoo.
    Also, I'd add some detail to the eyes and soften them up some also. Right now they seem sort of flat.
    You should also adjust the way the neck meets up with the chin/head. Necks don't usually angle inward that way. It make the chin seem too long (from neck to chin tip).
    The hands are also too long. The knuckle to wrist should be shortened up.

Hope that doesn't seem like I'm ragging on it. It's pretty cool overall.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    your not ragging on, notmam. I see what you are saying about the hands. i will try to soften up the tattoo and the hands. thank you.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    ok...it is still in the works...but for the most part it is now showable. ever since I started modeling this one I wanted to make a goth look for her. her wings still need more tweeking...not sure rather or not to put tattoos on her arms or not. c and c welcome.
    gothpose5ir.jpg
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by spider2cool
  • TryForce
    Offline / Send Message
    TryForce polycounter lvl 18
    her neck is to thick in my opinion... from scale the neck down from the front view <_<... at all its nice.
  • Slash
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    the head/neck needs work. I'd recommend doing something like this:

ghaa.jpg

//edit: the hair needs to go further down in the back.
  • shadowcast
    Offline / Send Message
    shadowcast polycounter lvl 17
    looks really cool
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looks like you have a nice foundational understanding of modeling, texturing, and basic human proportions. I think the finished product, both original and gotho versions came out nice and consistant. In your next character, I'd try to work on the facial features at the modeling level, and the shading information for the texturing stage. She seems like she has a very high resolution texture map with not a lot of detail in it beyond keeping the material edges sharp, and having that overlay for the wings. I'd try to work in more shading on the face and body to show off more definition that you didn't have the polys to model in. On the hair I'd work on varying up the placement so it doesn't read so uniformly.

Nice poses and renders, keep at it man, and show us what you come up with. She slightly reminds me of bloodrayne in a way.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    i know i keep jumping back and forth on a cuple of projects but the wings on the goth version of this one were really bothering me. i think that this version is alot better. i would still like some c&c though to see what i can improve.
    gothpose21fk.jpg
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    just thought I would make a glamor pose with both versions of dragoness. I still don't know what to name the gothic version of dragoness. looking for ideas.
    sisters33lw.jpg
  • dabu
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Wow Spider, this is a vast improvement over your previous work. Glad to see your skills starting kick off. Keep it up, I really like the last piece (yes Im a perv)
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    That'd be a dark seraph or there abouts I reckon.

You could probably use a bit of shading between the layers of feathers and perhaps a bit more definition on the limb part of the wings.
  • spider2cool
    Offline / Send Message
    thanx dabu. I see what you are talking about as for as the shading goes for the feathers, jackablade. I will work on it
  • shadowcast
    Offline / Send Message
    shadowcast polycounter lvl 17
    it looks really cool but need to do more.
  • -Onyx-
    Offline / Send Message
    -Onyx- polycounter lvl 17
    Mmmmm a Goth Seraph....seeeeexy! ooo.gif