Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Animator Sought - Resident Evil: Extermination Mod

Tequila
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Tequila polycounter lvl 18
Ahoy Polycount alumni, I'll keep this short and sweet. Our mod, Resident Evil: Extermination, has reached a critical stage. We have talented modellers and skinners to create art content, we have a talented coder raring to implement such content ingame - yet, we don't have a rigger/animator to bridge the gap between.

What we're after is one of the above. A stirling rigger/animator. Quality of work is the real thing we're after, and what better place to find it than Polycount, but 3ds Max use and knowledge of the Source engine /.smd exporting is definitely an added bonus.

The work would focus on creating the base zombie animation set; the ones each zombie model will use to stumble, recoil and generally eat people with. Because of this, we're not even after a full-on commitment if you don't have the time. With a quality animation base provided 'contractually' by a talented so and so, we would be all set for future zombie escapades.

This is the kind of undead guy that needs life (har har) breathed into him:

zombieciv01.jpg

Not quite finished, skin-wise - a few seams to eliminate - but aside from that he's cocked, locked and ready to be rocked. All we need is you.

Any interested parties should email me via my Polycount contact details, or by the ones listed on our website.

Thanks for your time, amigos.

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    What does all this have to do with you taking the Resident Evil name for your Half-Life 2 mod? I'm not sure what you know, but you can't take names of existing game franchises to use for your own gain. Usually, better talent knows this, and will avoid you for legal reasons. This is easy to clear yourself of: drop the words "Resident Evil" from everything you've done, and replace that with a name that isn't a popular game series.
  • Tequila
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tequila polycounter lvl 18
    There's no problem, actually. Capcom have no problem with anyone setting a mod in their universe, as long as it's non-profit. Which we are. smile.gif