polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
mpmumau polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Ok first off, its really hard to see what the wireframe looks like with the wireframe shot. Just have the wires overlaid over the model so I cant see everything on the backside of the model and get all confused.

As for the model, most of my crits are design wise. How is that thing gonna stand up, or even move? I can't imagine it being able to walk with its legs setup like that. That spiraly corkscrew thing you have on him also seems to take up an obscene amount of polys for being so small. Maybe just make it a straight needle. Spiral shapes are also really hard to unwrap and texture.

So basically my main suggestion would be for you to create a creature that you can actually imagine in your head, walking around somewhere, or doing whatever medical things its supposed to do. Other than that, its looking pretty good matt.
  • mpmumau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Yes Yes, its quite true that I do amazing work, but you musn't feel bad. Soon you too might be able to one day reach my level of awesomeness wink.gif

As for the hovering, glad you pointed that out. I guess it wont really have to walk, but I still think you need to think about the basics of how it moves.

One of the concept pictures shows little jets pointing down from the sides. Jets are a good idea, but their location places them directly above the back legs and looks as though it would burn the legs or something... Having little hover jets would definitely be cool though. You could rig them to face forward for a bit as the character slows to a stop or face back as it moves forward. You've just gotta find a good way to arrange it smile.gif
  • Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raven polycounter lvl 18
    There's a number of ways to explain it's hovering.
    Easiest way to determin it is simply to think about what time period your talking, and/or it's culter (the ones who created it). You generally can make it float by magic provided it's obvious magic. wink.gif

I would say, those nossles would look good with some sort of ripple effect, like a heatwave or something.
    Personally I would swaps it's dual hind legs, to a single scorpion style thing.

Perhaps simplify it's shame to add more detail in the areas that mattr. Just try and imagine what it's look like buzzing around. Making a sketch of it in it's natural environment should help. smile.gif
  • mpmumau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message