Name: Batman
Version:
Compatibility: ut2003k and ut2004k
Description: Skin Based on the comic book character Batman
Comments:
Screenshot:
Credits: DC comics
Homepage: http://www.planetunreal.com/alteredstate
Download: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/skincity/ut2k3/batmanskins_ut2k3.zip

BatmanSkins.jpg

what with the release of the new Batman film I decided to try my hand on doing the Dark Knight himself, I choose to go with the more traditional version of Batman as seen in some of the comic books.

by the way we are recruiting for Altered State, Cyberpunk game- see post here.
http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=60088&an=0&page=0#60088

Replies

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    actually I quite like your stying on this dean.Woul dbe nicer with a cape though
    Whatever happened to your solo game project man?

Remember those huge fights you used to have on utron forums. he them were the days
  • Dean Avanti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dean Avanti polycounter lvl 18
    I went for a more airbrushed feel on this skin, soft graduated tone, to try and give it that comic book look that i sometimes see in some graphic novels, the model didn't come with a cape unfortunately, its just one of the standard ones that comes with ut2003k.

The Altered State project is still going, I sent out to a few publishers asking if I could send them my game submission, we had some give us the OK and I sent them my game pitch, I'm waiting to hear back if I'm successful, in the meantime I think I should contact a few more of them to increase my chances, though some are a bit tricky to find, they don't all have contact e:mails and I hate using the phone.

In the meantime I thought i would increase my design team, been looking for these, Modelers, skinners, animators, coders. A lot of work is done on the game, just some work left over. I have a post on these boards about it,
    here http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=60088&an=0&page=0#60088

Utron forums, my word, hehehe, yea those where the days, boy how people argued on that, hehe, its funny looking back now. Wow i was so raw in those days, it was a good learning experience, having come so far I often laugh thinking how little I knew back then, its a good job I didn't know how hard the journey would be to get to the stage I'm at now, what is the saying fools tread where angels dare not, sometimes being ignorant about how hard a thing can be is a good thing as if you knew how difficult a thing is at the start you would never try.
    I wonder if they have got Utron done yet, Ill give them one thing they sure don't quit, its amazing really, I often thought that Pman and Kirk was the same guy, good cop and bad cop, one the carrot and the other the stick, they are both still on the team list last time I looked, if it is the same guy, one guy being two people thats a great trick. I bear no malice about any of it, it was a learning experience and I wish them the best with their project, but please finish it before I claim my pension ; )

how did that game project go that you were making, I remember you had a project with the tourque engine i think, a medieval game setting, did it work out alright.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    nice, my only complaint is the top of the leg armor, where you put the same collor as his undies, on them,, kinds gives the impresion that he is wearing a pair of baggy pants that are pulled down to mid thigh
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah, my game project got a kid of released, but just as a single level demo.
    http://www.skinnybobthejester.com/

I Used Blitz3d as I heard torque had a weird art path

i worked on 2 ps2 games in the last year, but I am moving on soon.

Yeah i was so annoyed that utron took so damn long. I think they released it, but I never got it installed properly.

Me and pman fell out for some reason and kirk was always ok , semed a pretty calm bloks.
    anyway, good luck with your solo game
  • Dean Avanti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dean Avanti polycounter lvl 18
    looks interesting, ill download it and give it a bash.
    great to hear you landed an industry job, what were the games you worked on?
    your moving on, your moving company? or your moving on from the games industry?
    ive still goy UT installed ill give it a go
    Yea Kirk was pretty cool, he said we should keep in touch but i was real busy trying to sort my life out so i didn't contact him, hey I'm still busy trying to sort my life out isn't everyone ; )
    thanks for the luck, i need all the luck i can get.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah worked on brian lara international cricket and rugby challenge 2006 ( wow, how exciting I hear you cry).
    I am handing in my notice today for various reasons.
    gonna have a nice long break then have a holiday:)