Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character: Wolverine

dom
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dom polycounter lvl 18
Just finished 2 weeks of military reservice. So glad its done, I have more time for 3d.

Anyway, here's Kent William's adaptation of Wolverine. Hands and feets are temporary. CnC welcomed. Thanks!

wip_wol_05.jpg

wip_wol_06.jpg

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I think it looks pretty damn good, but the anatomy looks a bit off. The legs seem too short, and the arms don't quite look right.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Post a reffrence please.
  • Van Bakura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Van Bakura polycounter lvl 18
    Its so hard to judge a wolverine model when its in that sort of pose. Due to Wolverine being very small and muscular you really cant see if you have captured the character as he needs to be seen with his back hunched and his claws ready to get a sense of proportions.

As was said before, do you have any reffernce images of Kent William's version?
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LazyBoy polycounter lvl 18
    may i say that i have seen some of kent william's drawings and he does like to make wolverine look like a bum playing dress up
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Glancing through the old google search, Kent Williams seems to tend more towards a slightly emaciated look, closer to a martial artist than a big muscle bound thug.

That said, what you've got so far is looking pretty good aside from some anatomical issues - His fingers are extremely short and while its always difficult to work out exactly how long the arms are when in T-Pose, they look a bit on the short side too. The thick wrists mess up the dynamics of the arms to some degree too.
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    the neck and head look great. but the rest of the body isnt convincing at all.

the wolverine i know is short, and broad. this guy just looks short and thick.

im seeing some wierdness on his back (around the kidneys).

if you dont have a reference, your gonna have a lot of fun finding one :P
  • dom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dom polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys. I'll have to tweak him some more, the anatomy is kinda wonky as some of you have mentioned. The forearms and hands are meant to be thick, the length needs changing so I'll work on that.

As for the mask, there is only 1 good pic of him in the comic, and I dont think its a good idea if I scan it. I've done searches on google and they dont show him with his mask on. So go get the comic! smile.gif