Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Home-built Aircraft Racer kayamate

Kayamate
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kayamate polycounter lvl 18
i know the contest is over but i still wanted to textured it smile.gif, let me know what yall think
stingrayfinal.jpg
origional post
http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=57920&page=0&vc=1#Post57920

Replies

• Slipstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    Nice texturing grin.gif I wish I was that fast.
    It seems kinda desaturated though . . . but I'm more given to using bright colors so that might be a personal preference
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    I dig it. I think the change between the yellow and blue should be a bit more sharp, like say with metal panelling seperating the two, rather than it fading. Neat color choices, though.
  • MAUL0r
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    I like, I take it that it is a water-born aircraft? if so, I'm worried about that jet engine! it would take unspeakable power to be able to move in water while half-submerged and still take to the air like that...

if it isnt water-born, it might be nice to see some landing gear, I am inclined to think that this sort of craft would work on a tri-wheel configuration...

there's another thread with a shark-man model that somehow seems like he might fly this puppy!

anyhoo, very cool design, and well executed.
  • Kayamate
    Offline / Send Message
    Kayamate polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for the kind words,
    i used such colors and dsign, because i wanted it to be a water/air plane which some what resembed a stingray.
    as for the jet engines, im not really sure how they work, lol
  • MAUL0r
    Offline / Send Message
    I know this sort of thing is probably not even an intrest to you as your vehicle is probably using mythical mechanics... but I found it interesting anyway smile.gif

components_01.jpg

so I'm not too sure how it would work physics wise, but again, you can just chalk it up to mythical mechanics smile.gif

also I was looking at it, and it seems like you have no steering mechanism on your racer... it could just be used for air-drag racing or something, but perhapse the "tail" of it could be fashioned more into a rudder that could be used to guide the air flow and thus steer it.

Sorry for thinking to technically, stuff like that just crosses my mind when I look at something. I don't wanna take away from what I believe is already a great model.
  • Mark Dygert
    I like it! I can't say I thought too much of it when I saw it untextured but now that it is finished, WOW!

MAUL0r: It was a "flying/airborne" racer challange, so I doubt we have to worry about water playing with the jet engine, unless he has a really bad pilot =P
  • MAUL0r
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i wanted it to be a water/air plane which some what resembed a stingray.
    as for the jet engines, im not really sure how they work, lol

[/ QUOTE ]
    -kayamate