Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Concept Art Test, how much is good?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
- FredH - polycounter lvl 18
Ok, someone convinced me to wait with the showing until after I am finished. However, I am still interested in what you guys think would be good to show if they give me "3" days to create a character. What should I be aiming for in terms of quantity?

For those of you who are concept artists or have seen concept artists in Action, I would love to hear your thoughts. More then one sheet? Draw images of each gadgets separately? etc

Thanks for any suggestions!

_FreD_

Replies

• - FredH -
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    - FredH - polycounter lvl 18
    Post deleted by Apt Pupil
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    i think the quality and investment depends a lot on the type of company you are applying to... some companies have such little (interest in) creativety and design, they simply want things to look cool and sell good.

in any case,
    for whatever design you are going to follow i think you should include a detailed render of the head, with and without head gear, side shot of the weapon, and a few smaller animation frames, like the frame of the right, to show more personality.

as for this design, its really rough right now eh
    either way i would imagine something more athletic and organic (stealth..) and less stiff armor pieces attached with belts (also boring)

i would think more of a high tech elastic suit, maybe the type that coresponds with the body according to various parameters and environmental data. kind of a automatic adjusting suit. must be black for stealth, esp. no shiny lights from gadgets. also probably smaller weapon.

i like the way the head kinda looks like a fly. maybe u can play on that.