Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

CGChat entry, Squirrel Hybrid:

MRFlynn
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MRFlynn polycounter lvl 18
Mornin there guys, just thought id post my w.i.p of my entry so far for the competition. Im not going to make the deadline due to me going on holiday in a couple hours shame really.

Anyways 1304 tris currently would like plenty crits to help me improove, im using XSI so any technical crits arent minded either as Im still damn new to this app.

Anyways if you see my current entry on cgchat it started off horribly but these past few days I started anew an stuck at it.

idea.jpg
rework.jpg
rework2.jpg
rework3.jpg
rework4.jpg
rework5.jpg

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, I think I remember that concept.

I guess he could use a few alpha planes with fur on them, squirrels are pretty fuzzy. What's the poly budget? I'm sure you have a lot left so a lot of fuzz should be doable.

The arms look a bit strange, it looks like you placed the upper or lower arm (can't tell, I'd say upper but then there seems to be no lower arm) where I'd expect the elbow. It looks like he's wearing something around the elbows.

The knees and shoulders might need a few more loops for better deformation.
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    The base mesh is coming along nicely, although i agree with above, fur really does add to the model. Check conker, that little guy looks great.
  • MRFlynn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRFlynn polycounter lvl 18
    Cheers both of you, soon as im back from my holiday Ill probaly beef another 500 tris onto him for fur and loops, planning to do plenty animation with him wink.gif .
    then probaly another 1k tris on armour and wepons then whatever is left probaly on misc stuff..