Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Western MMORPG

TimT
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TimT polycounter lvl 18
The Wild West Online is a MMORPG with a western theme.
we are seeking modelers/animators to join our team.

The site is WIP web page this is not a mod, but a new game
The game will soon go into alpha testing. there is a few screenshots in the media link.

this is not a paying job, but if your real good at your work, it could turn into a paying one.
mostly looking for modelers that like westerns, and would also injoy playing a western mmorpg.

if interested tim@thewildwestonline.com

Replies

• LawDogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LawDogs polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The Wild West Online is a MMORPG with a western theme.
    we are seeking modelers/animators to join our team.

The site is WIP web page this is not a mod, but a new game
    The game will soon go into alpha testing. there is a few screenshots in the media link.

this is not a paying job, but if your real good at your work, it could turn into a paying one.
    mostly looking for modelers that like westerns, and would also injoy playing a western mmorpg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which game engine are you using for this project?
  • TimT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TimT polycounter lvl 18
    it's a custom engine Designed for MMORPG'S
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    A custom engine and an MMORPG? And you're not a company?
  • LawDogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please describe enough inormation for the request you seek, or we can't make a decision. Which engine name is this your using? Is it OpenSource? Is it your own? What about tools? which tools are compatitible with this said engine? 3dsMax? Maya?

Please be descriptive..
  • TimT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TimT polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawdog i see you have a project of your own.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are literally hundreds of posts in this forum that say "if you want to know anything mail us". Yours doesn't sound any different. The default reaction to any amateur MMORPG is "Oh man, that's gonna fail BADLY". Feel free to prove me wrong.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    There are a lot of you guys around here, so can one of you send me the link to the site that convinced you that you could create and maintain a massive multiplayer online game? Maybe it's a site with the engine you picked, or an article with links to engines. Can I get the web site from the same page? Cause it seems you all have the same feature heavy (login, stats, forums) web sites.
  • LawDogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawdog i see you have a project of your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes, actually 2 projects now. The second one is at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~wantedmod/saloon/ and is for HL2 Source engine.....

If you can provide that extra info on engine specs it would be easier for artists to decide whether they wanna join. Without that critical information it's just un-certain whether your project will succeed. If you are really inlcined not to post this information then at least email it to me at unrealprojects@comcast.net

If I see that your project is deemed worthy and has a chance, depending on the engine your using then just maybe we can collaborate, but meantime without requested info then nothing can be provided.
  • DarkSign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkSign polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im betting its RealmCrafter

Just a guess...based on not divulging its name, but yet its designed for MMOs.

I could be wrong though.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RealmCrafter... Ugh, can't get any worse. It's very inefficient, enforces zones, no LOD support, low suggested ressource footprints (they suggested 800 polies per character less than a year ago!)...

I mean, why go for shoddy low end commercial crap when there's vastly superior opensource material available? I've played Ryzom in the public beta, the engine is much more capable than RC, supporting seamless environments and loads of details.
  • LawDogs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    RealmCrafter... Ugh, can't get any worse. It's very inefficient, enforces zones, no LOD support, low suggested ressource footprints (they suggested 800 polies per character less than a year ago!)...

I mean, why go for shoddy low end commercial crap when there's vastly superior opensource material available? I've played Ryzom in the public beta, the engine is much more capable than RC, supporting seamless environments and loads of details.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would totally agree, if this game is free non-payed then it's best to choose the best opensource MMOG engine. As a player I would want the best visual graphics and experience...

One example right now that really has my eyes on is "Huxley"... MMOGFPS (http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_3233/nl/gameDetail.htm)...uses the latest Unreal Engine and was stated that when it's released would come with the tools for making your own worlds...
  • DarkSign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkSign polycounter lvl 18
    Huxley is bollux. frown.gif..plus it gets my vote for the dumbest name of all time.

Its not even a real mmo...its more like guild wars.
  • TimT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TimT polycounter lvl 18
    position filled! thanks to all that mailed me. grin.gif