Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

High-poly modellers wanted!

Zitheral
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Zitheral polycounter lvl 18
Weapons Factory: Revolution is looking for two high-poly modellers to work with us on our Quake 4 project. We have a fantastic concept artist and a dedicated, experienced TC team with multiple successful projects under our belt. Primary duties will be the creation of 7 player models from concept art and a good number of weapons.

If you are an experienced 3d modeller looking to add some game related experience to your resume, we would love to talk to you.

You can get more information about WF:R at our website:
http://www.wfrevolution.com

Please contact me at zitheral@wfrevolution.com with any questions about the position and any samples of previous work you might have.

Thanks!

Replies

• Zitheral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just an update... some of our concept art is posted on our site in the media section for those who might be interested in the modelling position.
  • Zitheral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still need one more high poly 3d modeller. We are also looking for a texture artist and a few CTF/Team Fortress style level designers. Don't be shy!
  • rockyj123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rockyj123 polycounter lvl 18
  • Zitheral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still looking for some High poly guys... Rocky isn't able to work with us frown.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Am I reading correctly on your site that this mod has over 40 weapons?

When also considering the seven player classes, game asset resources and most modders have not learned normal mapping, doesn't any of this seem a bit outlandish?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    chris, if i remember correctly didn't the original WF have a retarted number of weapons? I think this is why they had planned on doing this many weapons. Unfortunately as you and I know todays art standards are so much higher than they were then so its not at all reasonable to have this many weapons planned. I suppose its doable if you have a guy sitting there working full time for free but that kind of tallent is ... extreamly rare!

Good luck zitheral, sorry i don't have any time to help out. It honestly looks like a cool project and a great kick back to the original. smile.gif
  • Zitheral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is an ambitious project to be sure. Our last project (Weapons Factory Arena for Quake 3) had a popular lifespan of about 3 years and Quake 2 WF lasted about 4 years. It very unlikely that we will have unique assets for each and every weapon during our initial releases. Over time though, anything is possible.

Weapons Factory is all about diversity... in player classes and in weapons. We will do what we have to do to get the game going with the assets available and we will develop new ones as time and talent allows. If noone aims for the moon, they will never get there. smile.gif

What Chris says about most modellers not having learned normal mapping is true... but what better place is there to learn than a serious, well organized project like WF:R? It has a pre-existing fan base, a team with multiple previous releases under it's belt, and a history of solid, fun gameplay under previous id engines. We will not disappear in to oblivion like most teams.

I do wish it were easier to find talent... but they will come in time -- and I shall keep at it until I find the people I need to get the job done.

Thanks Sean... I appreciate the good wishes smile.gif