Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Minotaur Low Poly

JVI
JVI
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JVI polycounter lvl 18
Ok so I satarted a project for Morrowind. It's a new race, and it's somewhat based off the minotaur from world of warcraft. I would really like crits on this. Thanks in advance (right now it's at like 3300 polys without the cutdown of polys.)

all_views_wire.gifnew_mino_1.jpg

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Triangulate it and count the polies again, looks to me like you counted quads because 3k models don't have this many edges.

The face doesn't really look bovine to me and I think cows don't have much of a thigh (it ends pretty close to the body).

Oh and how about a tail?
  • XOne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XOne polycounter lvl 18
    As KDR said, it does seem that he's got way too many edges to be 3k. You mentioned that is was "based" on the Tauren in WoW. Do you have a concept for the race you're trying to create? I only ask because while the form may be similar, your model does not appear to be based on a cow.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hm, the ankle joint doesn't look like it'll deform well...
  • JVI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JVI polycounter lvl 18
    Ok I updated some things. FIrst of all, I did a screengrab of 3ds. I put the subdivide modifier on the editable poly stack, and then collapsed it into an editable mesh. Then when I used the polygon counter, I clicked "triangles" instead of "polygons". Here's the image:

Polygon_count.gif

Also, thanks for the info about the deforming when it comes to the ankles!!! I'll fix that immediately. Thank you everybody for the input.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty good. You planning any armour for him? Or maybe some alpha planes for hair? My only real critique is that its just a naked minotaur right now. Spice it up with something.
  • JVI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JVI polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, since it's for playing in morrowind, I have to ask them what the limitations are for clothing and such. Thanks for the input! Further more, I have no idea how (once rigged) I can make it so if I, for example, move the leg up, the cloth over will move with it, and not simply clip. Any ideas?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    You'll have to rig the cloth as well. Either you weight the verys to the hips and leg bones so it moves with them, or you create an extra bone or two for the cloth so the animator can animate the cloth himself.
  • JVI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JVI polycounter lvl 18
    I kinda get it. I'll mess around and see if I can produce what you're talking about. Thanks for the help!