Home Technical Talk

problem w/ the unwrap editor (max 7)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
problem: for max 7, in the uv unwrap edit window, when i change the bitmap dimension for the "projection box", the change is not displayed. it appears to be a bug with max 7, i've checked three machines with the same results.

does everyone else that has max 7 have this problem?
anyone know how to fix this problem?

Replies

• killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    ah, the use custom bitmap size check box ..

new question: can i change the dimensions of my unwrap without stretching my unwrap? (i will just stretch it into proportion, but it would be nice to know.)
  • Noren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noren polycounter lvl 19
    Actually I can only guess what you mean, but I'll reply anyways wink.gif
    In order to see the changed proportions of the unwrap box you need to apply a bitmap with matching proportions.
    (I couldn't tell If you found that out already from your "ah, " comment or just wanted to correct the terminus )
    I created some dummy textures once like 32x64,32x128 etc. which I can apply in the unwrap window in case I don't want to use a material. But I dimly recall there was another way to get this working, would be great to know.

As for the second question, I guess you mean that you want to change the proportions of the unwrap window while keeping the proportions of your uvw's ? Well you can't since the propotions of the uvw-Window are changed just "visibly" the uvw-Space still goes from 0-1. You have to change the uvw's instead. You could e.g. use the uvw-xform modifier for that.
    (If your new bitmap is 2x higher than wide, scale your uv's 0,5 in V.)