Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abstramechanics Strike Back.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
swampbug polycounter lvl 18
Here is a handful more of the Abstract machine shapes. I still really enjoy making these and tryign to come up with something new each time. My goal is to fill a sketch book with these. I've got about 80 more blank pages to go. Of course, I do these sparingly so its taking a while.

Here is the OLD THREAD with images 1-22.

These are in order too starting with image 23.
Done with pencil, and a little color in PS to push them from the background.
ams_23.jpg

ams_24.jpg

ams_25.jpg

ams_26.jpg

ams_27.jpg

ams_28.jpg

ams_29.jpg

ams_30.jpg

ams_31.jpg

ams_32.jpg

ams_33.jpg

And of course... More to come in the future smile.gif

Peace!

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I really love these things. My favorites are the 5th,6th, and 10th.
  • MRFlynn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MRFlynn polycounter lvl 18
    most of them are on my hd inspiration folder, along with other grand works tongue.gif
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    i love these things... should model one of them someday smile.gif
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Teh wikedness. You inspired me to do few of my own, I put them up in the sketchthread smile.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    love em tom. bad. ass.

you should do some large scale suckers like this, in oils!! like that he-man self portrait you did back in the day... yeah!!! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

awesome stuff.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Neo_god.

MRFlynn : cool I didnt know i made it onto your HD, im flattered, thanks!

flaagan: I really need to get off my butt and model this stuff, or just branch out and do stuff like Moose suggested.

nealb4me: Hey i saw some of yours on the sketch thread. Not bad, its hard isnt it? Making up wacky stuff is fun but i find only to a degree. I used to realy hate abstract stuff cuz WTH is it anyway. Until I found a common theme, or style it all made perfect sence. Then it becomes a disease trying to make better abstract pieces than the last. How do you make better abstract stuff? I have no idea. Thats why its a madness to me. heheh

maury: Yo yo yo! thanks man You're dang straight, I need to blow my stuff up so i can fill a wall up.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, I think the more you do it, the more it flows out of you. I think there is always room for making it bigger/crazier and more 1nsane although that may not necessarily mean better. You ask a tough question there ;p I would like to see you add more colour and a sharper rendering style though. It's just a bit of fun as you say anyways smile.gif