Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

lopoly-female

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
elte polycounter lvl 18
hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. I'm from Indonesia. I'm 21 and still new in this low-poly industry. This forum is a great learning source. I've seen a lot of great works. this is my first attempt on lopoly-girl.. well..atm it's for my 'template' once I got the concept art I'll reconstruct it.

front.jpg
back.jpg
face.jpg

comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

thanks pior for your help through msn, and thanks everyone for this great forum.

*I'm nervous now confused.gif

ow btw, the blueprint character was taken from james hawkin. kudos for hawk.

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    looks very good to me!

the only suggesting would be perhaps some more attention to the neck anatomical and how it holds the skull.

no need to be nervous, you did a real nice job mate
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Welcome to polycount, fella smile.gif

It's a nice model you've got there, and I agree with shotgun on the neck issue.

You might want to resolve the >----< edge flow around the front of her stomach so it remains 2 edgeloops- that way she'll deform better smile.gif

You should be able to take out some detail in the face and you won't really notice too much, such as 4th from centre vertical edgeloop from the nose- you can then use that detail for building up the neck definition a bit more, or for the stomach area to resolve the issue I raised above smile.gif

Overall though, it is a really nice mesh and looks as though all the verts are being put to use- is she going to be exported to a game engine?
  • elte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elte polycounter lvl 18
    hi guys..it's been a while i didn't update my work..been busy learning max smile.gif

this is the update.. I finally got the concept..It's taken from the online korean game called ZERA..It's so cool...

illust3d076ql.jpg

I know I'm just recreating the model which already exists...this is my first lopoly modeling and I hope that I can learn from this by critiques and comments..so I can do better in the future and create more original concept.

face037ti.jpg
    face019qu.jpg
    face025ps.jpg

the layout is just temporary placed. Once I'm done with the body I'll lay them out properly..

hm..several things I need to ask here..
    Which is better? 1 single map or 2 maps(1 for head and torso, the others for the rest)?
    I extract(detached) the head and the body..when I'm done with unwrapping the head..I combined it back with the body..but when I looked back at the UV texture editor..seems like the UVs are overlapping..but they're fine. Can somebody explain why is it so?

Thanks in advance. smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    basing the human form from other 3d model renders is often a bad move, because you are copying someone elses interpretation of the human form, not the human form it's self.

However, everything turned out fine, so I'm eating my words laugh.gif

Will she own some clothing?

I'd like to offer a crit on the breasts. In the Korean model they have made her breasts perky and firm, however your's are sagging and flat.
    I'm guessing the reason they made the breasts firm and perky is because that makes the character firm and perky overall. It's easier to imagine her as healthy and vibrant. You may really like or actually own such breasts as we see on your model, but they don't inspire anything to the viewer about the general health and vibrancy of the character.