Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

more of that 2D paintin' stuff

I was going thru my 2D stuff seeing what I could post on my site that might help me get a better job. It wasn't looking too good so I decided to touch up two of them.

Spawn
spawn.jpgOriginal

Callibretto (from Battle Chasers)
bretto.jpgOriginal

Spent a few hours tonight finishing off this one, man what a mess it was (and still is to some degree).
004a.jpgOriginal

Replies

• JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, you definatly improved over your originals. I think my favorite is the spawn simply because of the dynamic pose, however I have a few crits on it. The foreshortening on his left hand looks good, better than his right hand, The right hand looks a little flat, I would imagine the hand in a fist to be more rounded and have more mass The angle of the fist in relation to the wrist is also odd. The part of his cape sticking out on the left side of the picture is a bit destracting, its a little too bright and it's shape is confusing. The angle of the back leg looks a bit off, maybe if the theigh was pointed more towards his pelvis it would help a bit.

The 2nd picture is kinda hard to decipher smile.gif and the 3rd looks good for what it is. My suggestion is to just keep painting and get more mileage! I would like to see a lot more 2d art on the forum anyways :P
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    personaly i think if you were trying to get a job you should go with more life drawing type work, not necesarily life drawing, but whole body renderings demonstaring a knowledge of anatomy and rendering,

but thats just my opinion
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Like number 2 best. smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tinman,
    I agree the basic line work & drawing of spawn needs help. Considering I drew that about 8 years ago I am kind of suprised I still keep it around. BUT my 2D section is pretty weak right now.
    #2 is a close up of Calibretto from Battle Chasers. I should have made that more clear. If you are not farmilar with the character it wouldn't make much sense.

Mojo,
    That's a great point, it would help bolster my 2D section and it would show what I need to show. I'll be sure to work on that, thanks.

Frosty,
    thanks, I have to agree with ya.