Home Technical Talk

awesome tip when working with morph targets...

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
okay so i made all the morph targets for the character creation system and it was decided that we need to add some changes to the mesh.. well that sucks cause i only made like 120 morph targets.. so what do you do?? i was going to use the skin wrap modifier and it would require putting a skin wrap on the new head and morphing to all the old morph targets.. clone the mesh and rename.. that would of only taken forever... but then my fearless leader (Doc Rob) told me i could copy and paste modifiers.. so if i was to put an edit poly modifier on the old mesh and make the changes i could paste it to the others.. this was cool.. but still would require me to paste the modifier like 120 times.. so he played with it a little bit and you can take and group all the morph targets add an edit poly to the group and then paste.. and BOOM 120 morph targets ready for morphing with all the changes in tact.. you then just ungroup and i usually add an editpoly with everything selected and just collapse the stack and it collapes everything .. i didnt invent this.. but i watched someone figure it out.. so thats almost like making it up.. so if you use this in your game or animation put my name in the credits and i will tell doc rob that i am in the credits and not him... cause he is pretty much a choad and you wouldnt want him in the credits anyway...

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool tip.

Here's another way (I love how there's always more than one)... Select all the targets at once, and paste the modifier. I find I just need to add a modifier to the selection first, like Poly Select, then it allows me to paste the Edit Poly. After that I use the Collapse utility to uninstance them all.