Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Body Painting (Warning: nudity)

todman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
todman polycounter lvl 18
Hey, I think some of you know I airbrush for a living as I try to get into the game industry. Anyway, here's some airbrush body paint I did last weekend at a biker show. It was fun and I got paid for it. I actually painted puss on one but the other's just boobies, they weren't the perkiest boobs in the world but still fun.
spider.JPG
butterfly.JPG
imag0013.jpg

(Edited just so nobody who's at work gets in trouble smile.gif - MoP)

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    must be tough keepin a steady hand, but what a view while yah work wink.gif
    cool arts.
    any quick pointers for airbrushing? i have a set that i used to use for painting rc cars, wouldnt mind using it for misc painting sometime down the road.
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, practice, practice, practice, practice, practice, I think ya get it. I've been doin it for about 18 years. Also buy a good gun a paasche H is a good starter single action for about 30$. Good luck,
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Heh cool man. So did you have to lift da boobies up to spray the 'undersides' or did they hold them up for you? ;-)
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Hahaha, daz. ;D

Cool stuff, airbrushing is always something i was interested in but never got into. smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Heh cool man. So did you have to lift da boobies up to spray the 'undersides' or did they hold them up for you? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is he avoids angry boyfriends with an elaborate set of pullies, ropes and nipple clamps... Then again guys that don't care that thier women are running around in not much more than paint prolly don't care about airbrush guy touchin' the tits in the name of art =)

Todman you should get bussiness cards or ass stickers that say "I had my boobs done! by todman"
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool art, and nice airbrushing, although it would probably be better if the women werent sun burned on the arms so bad and a bit better looking :P but boobs laugh.gif

What kind of airbrushes do you use?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah , you must have had the 'droopy' crowd in that weekend.

I made the switch from being an airbrush artist to games artist, so it can be done( think Daz was an airbrush artist too) though one company thought it was amusing for some reason.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    lol this gets my vote for the unexpected pimp of the year

i think the torso of the first has a seam in the middle tongue.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work todman. Now that's a hobby I can enjoy. How long do each of these take, and what to the women think about the whole process?

My dad bought me a paasche double action airbrush when i was very little. I didn't use it much then, it was too complicated. My younger brother recently picked it up and gave it a try, and now I believe he's hooked. He plans to become the next Giger and probably help my dad custom paint motorcycles. I tried it again to see if I could use some of the techiques I learn from playing in Photoshop with a tablet. It's a lot of fun, and I'm planning to buy my own kit, compressor, and supplies from www.dickblick.com . Any advice on a nice compressor to use in a quite apartment type setting? I'm thinking about trying bodypainting as an addition to photography.

Oh, and *cough*, any more examples of your work? laugh.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forget about getting into the game industry. You need to find out who the guy is that paints these and make sure he has an accident wink.gif Your stuff rocks this guys, but to give him a fair shake he might have been distracted and it looks like he wasn't using an air brush.
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, I didnt' realize there were so many replies to this thread. Vig, those soccer girls are awesome and yes, way better looking then the saggers I had to paint on. It was kind of pothetic and hot and sticky. Sorry, I didn't put "nudity" in the subject line.
    Eli, here's a better site with better prices: www.bearair.com Any hardware store even Wally-Mart has good solid compressors for around $150. You should get at least a 2 horse with a 4-6 gallon tank. Paashe VL-3 is what I use. I actually didn't make any money paintin these large hangers but do very well paintin shirts and goofy trucker caps. I wish I could find more custom bike jobs but they're few and far between. I've been paintin at fairs for the last couple weeks and it's hot and sticky and dirty. Plus, I have Melanoma and am always worrying about the sun. So, I can give you more reasons why I wanna do character modeling but I think you get the picture. If I do anymore...or that's "any" Hot chicks I'll post em here so we can all perv out. "Love American Style"