Home Technical Talk

Restoring zBrush 2 to it's defaults....?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Anyone know which files to delete if I wanna restore zBrush's controls, interface, everthing, to the default? Essentially putting it back to how it would be after a fresh install?

Replies

• Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
    try just deleting\or moving this first

ZBrush2\UICustom.cfg

I think?
  • skrubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skrubbles polycounter lvl 18
    I'm really new to zbrush, so I may be completely wrong... but shouldn't pressing the "S" (for standard mode) in the top right corner help you out... and then you can just save that as your start up ui.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    I think that button is labeled Standard in ZB2. Still in the topright corner.
    The standard .cfg file is called UIStandard.cfg and can loaded by pressing CTRL+L finding it in Pixologic\ZBrush2\ZData directory.
  • deadflowers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deadflowers polycounter lvl 18
    I am new as well, to Zbrush2. You best answered your own question, as no measures to reinitialize default status, appear to be in place. Fastest method on earth, if you are still wasting time with it, is just to reinstall.

Most uninstalls leave the files not originating from the program during the installation process... but if you are paranoid, like I am, you should back up everything important, such as zsc and ztl files...

BUT...

If you are feeling brave, you can test a theory for me and tell me the results...

Try, prior to conceding to uninstall, to copy and paste this line into C:/Zbrush2/ZScripts/defaultzscript.txt...
    "[pd]//ZBrush default ZScript" minus the quotations. There should be nothing else in the text file.

Let me know if it works.