Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Enix
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Enix polycounter lvl 18
Did it for fun, thats all I have to say tongue.gif. Just posting for comments and crits:

grouprenderathf7fn.jpg

groupwires7tt.th.jpg

Frylock is around 1300 polys, meatwad is around 600 and shake is around 900.

Replies

• Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    I'm amazed and horrified at the same time tongue.gif
    Nice work grin.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, excellent. Models look just about perfect.
    I'd say the textures need a bit more loving though - generally there's not enough contrast, and they're getting a little washed out with pale highlights (Frylocke especially).
    Master Shake seems pretty much perfect, but Meatwad could do with some more texture on him... he looks far too flat, put some bumpy gristly bits on!

Very cool work though, good representation of the characters smile.gif

MoP
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    milkshake could be wider at the top, frylock is not so curvy, he is just a french fry box with a chin and goatee and other facial aspects. also meat wad seems too symetrical. haha i am just watching the show when i noticed this thread.

nicely done.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I think Shake's eyes should be a tad more narrow, and Meat Wad's eys should be smaller, and frylock needs his arm fry.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks guys,I'm going to edit ASAP.

mop: your right, I tend to do that with alot of my textures . I will change it up.

By the way, I was playing around with shakes emotions and stuff, and came up with a few expressions:

shakeexpressions0vu.jpg

They all have fully animatable mouths and eyes. Here are some other expressions I did for the other two:

emotions7ql.jpg

meatwaddoneemo3qv.jpg

Meatwad needs some editing before I call him done. He was especially hard to model since he is such an angle sensitive character. If you watch the show, 98% of the time he is at a fixed angle. I will figure something out. Thanks for the C&C.

[edit]

oh, and here are all three maps:

mapsathf2qy.th.jpg
  • Mr Smo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Smo polycounter lvl 18
    haha, nice stuff enix laugh.gif i like the meshs
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    You could have totally fit those fries in the other texture. just needed to shrink those teeth a bit, and just have them all use the same texture space. since it's just a gradient on it, you wouldn't loose much detail at all.

Wheres Carl?
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    haaaaaaa awesome
    i have the dvds
  • Amouro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amouro polycounter lvl 18
    those are awsome. my one complaint is frylock doesn't have the lighting bolt thing on the side of his "nose". sorry, im not quite sure if it's meant to be a scar or something else. i suppose you could no longer mirror the face if you added it but it would be a nice touch.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awsome! I love em!
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, thanks wink.gif. I when I was watching the show and I saw the scarr thing, i wasn't sure if it was a scarr or an outline type thing of his nose, because its on the other side of his face when he is turned to right, its either that or the developers where lazy and just flipped it tongue.gif.

Anyway, I did some test animations of them all, one with shake and meatwad:

http://s45.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3E2PJ6IE76YTE17S8CHYE7V4IW

and some facial expressions of frylock:

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=32TI5TJE3BFAP32CNGPJRR08G6

just some simple stuff, I need some animation practice tongue.gif.
  • Amouro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amouro polycounter lvl 18
    At one point I thought it was a shadow or outline of the nose too. But the more I think about it, I realize it doesn't really look like a nose that much. The animators of the series do flip things around alot to reuse drawings, so I suspect that's why it appears on either side. And I think it was the Little Brittle episode when Frylock mentions that he doesn't have a nose.

Anyway, even if you don't add it, I wont be disapointed. It's just too cool either way.
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    todman polycounter lvl 18
    sweet, I watch ATHF religiously. I think the textures definately need more detail and shading, Frylock looks like the singer from System of a Down!! hee-hee