Home General Discussion

Happy 4th of July

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
Hope most of you guys have a good fourth of July,drink some beer, eat some bar b que and celebrate this nation's independence by blowing up a piece of it wink.gif

Also if your the reading type, i recommend this book "The people's History of the United States" its one of the best books ive ever read on American history, it covers our history from Columbus to present, it doesnt romanticize history or omit facts, its pretty interesting,especially the chapter on our founding fathers and their backgrounds pre revolution and post. It kinda bothers me so many people celebrate the history but dont anything about it.If you like history this is your book,if i didnt love video games so much i wouldhave probably tried to educate myself to be a historian. But why read about Nazis when you can blow them up smile.gif

anyways book is by Howard Zinn

have a happy 4th

Replies

• Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    My friend works for an american company over here (isle of man UK) so he gets the day off.

Have a good one America!
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    celebrate your country's independence by blowing up a small part of it.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    My wife and I have come to loathe this holiday. It's sad- when I was a kid I just loved it. Now I have kids, and all weekend the relentless barrage of fireworks will have them getting out of bed repeatedly. Last year some idiots were still blowing shit up at 4am. Our neighbors like to invite all their redneck cousins and they camp out in the street in front of our home with a keg and proceed to launch things over my house, burning things, which fall into my sun-choked brown July lawn. Every dog within 100 miles howls all night. Then on July fifth the news is filled with stories about all the kids who lost their fingers and all the houses that burned down and all the forest fires ignited by carefree morons.

Christmas is even worse. Funny how things change as I get older.