Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Pirates Vikings & Knights 2 --Wants You!

Hengishammer
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Hengishammer polycounter lvl 18
Greetings one and all!

I am Hengishammer, one of the members of the development team for Pirates, Vikings & Knights II, a modification for Half Life 2. I would like to take a moment and speak frankly with everyone about the lifespan of developing mods. In all honesty so many mods fall by the wayside and I am not prepared to let this happen to PVKII. For those who are familiar with the first PVK for Half Life, you may already have somewhat of an idea as to what PVK is, but let me assure you that PVK2 will be unlike any other mod. There is a story behind as to why these warriors from differing time periods are battling one another in differing scenarios in a quest for glory and riches.

We have planned a complex combat system consisting of parrying, blocking, bashing, as well as special moves for each warrior. We also have instituted some really original concepts for each “Lord” class within each teams and the special abilities they possess boosting morale and abilities for the team.

In order to make a mod successful, and keep the development of it strong so it can be enjoyed in the HL2 prime, we need help—and so I am asking for it.

We need people who are committed, wanting to stay busy with mod production within reason. The kind of people we are looking for are people who will stick with us until the mod is finished when we can all heave a collective sigh of satisfaction that we made something great that will be remembered for a long time. If you love the medieval, dark age and golden age of piracy time periods, then take a second look at us.

We are looking for the following:

Character Modelers/Animators
Mappers
An excellent Sound Effects & Voice Tech capable of recording a variety of HQ voice samples.

All applicants need to be able to work closely with the mod team from concept drawings, photos, sound examples and written descriptions for clarification in producing work. We will even accept temporary work—just let us know your duration or what you can do.

All dedicated interested persons please visit:

www.pvkii.com

Please register in the forums and PM me or place a post in the PVKII forum area, or simply email me by looking up my profile in the forums. You will get a prompt response. Also be prepared to show samples of your work.

We are looking to strengthen our team and we cannot do it without your support and help. Thanks for your lending us your time.

Hengishammer
PVKII Development Team

Replies

• jRocket
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jRocket polycounter lvl 18
    Here are some of the models that I have made for this mod -
    berserkermedia1.jpg
    skirmishpirate.jpg
  • Hengishammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are still looking for people to help us produce something really special.

1 Prop Modeler --everything from cups, to barrels, and anvils to Large Pirate Vessels, rowboats, etc.
    1 Character Modeler/Animator
    1 Mapper Capable of working from a large selection of historical references provided to build maps that from the Dark Ages, Rennaisance and 17th century Piracy eras.
    1 Excellent Sound Effects & Voice Tech capable of recording a variety of HQ voice samples.

We can keep you busy. We are a serious, and dedicated mod, already having an alpha, and making progress. CHeck us out

www.pvkii.com and check out the overview, weapons, and artwork pages. You can also see our latest media post on the front page! You can contact me via email or PM me here or register on our forums and see what we are all about!

Thanks again Polycount Community !
    Hengishammer
    PVKII Dev Team
  • Hengishammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We need prop modelers! Come check out all our new media at

www.pvkii.com
  • Hengishammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks to the Polycount community for all your help in continuing to the success of our mod who still is going strong while other some other mods have failed.

Right now we need a Character Animator proficient in Character Studio.

We also need more mappers to come aboard.

Please Visit www.pvkii.com for the latest media!

We are looking for temporary help and also people with a passion who will remain with us to the finish---whatever it takes to complete our mod.

heavyknight.jpg
  • Hengishammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New media update!! www.pvkii.com

We still are needing another Charater Animator to help out in addition to the one we already have. If you want to be part of a dedicated team, please contact me via PM or EMail.

hengishammer@gmail.com

Thanks!
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Check your email, dude!