Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weird Portrait (2D)

Option
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Option polycounter lvl 18
Started with the eyes, which are my favorite part, and went from there. C&C welcome, made with my Wacom Intuos 6x8 which just arrived today (first tablet ever).
psychotic1copy5wf.th.png

Replies

• Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    Work on your line flow. smile.gif I would suggest working on some gesture drawings. They are lots of fun. If you dont know what gesture drawing is, it's getting the basic flow and shapes of the picture down onto the paper in just a few seconds. Google it for some good examples.

Not bad for a first tablet sketch but you need some drawing practice! Go out and get a small sketchbook you can carry around with you and take it everywhere you go. Draw anything when you are sitting still. The more you draw the more comfortable you will be. The lines in your drawing show you aren't quite sure where you are going with it so you zig zag back and forth. This may be because your adjusting to the tablet though, i know it took me a little while to get the hang of it! Keep at it man. smile.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I suggest you forget about texture and shading, and think about line instead.
    One exercise that always proves to be fun, is to make a face/figure with just one continued line.
    And i would really recommend getting a sketchbook, and using a pen to draw. This will help you focus on the linework.
    One usefull way to go about this is starting with a thick felt-pen, or large marker, so that there is absolutely NO way you'll be doing any crosshatching or anything of that sort.
    After a while, you can move up (or down, really) to fun things like artpens (these are really great, they feel wonderfull) and what-have-you's.
    Also, man, anatomy! laugh.gif
    Learning anatomy is a scary step, i know, so i'll just let you muck about with lines for a bit, but pretty soon i will send you emails that threaten you if you don't learn anatomy.
    I can say some pretty mean stuff, you know. It could be like, about midgets, and sticks, and those little pogs you used to get in bags of crisps.